I'm hooked and I have yet to taste my HB!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tarks

Reaction score
Prior to my first brew day I spent approx 6 months reading, learning and building my AG setup and I have to give a shout out and thanks to this great forum and the members. Cheers!

I have brewed 4 batches, 3 are in primary (Belgian Strong Ale, American Ale, Oatmeal Stout) and 1 was bottled (Belgian Pale Ale) last week so I haven't been able to taste my HB as of yet. I'm trying to be as patient as possible, trying not to rush things as most would recommend here.

I have to say, I am friggen hooked to brew days. I absolutely love sitting in the garage for 7 plus hours, brewing, drinking, smoking a cigar, watching a ball game, all while sweating my a$$ off! It's good therapy! :)

Always good times...lol. it seems like u went all the way from start... i hope u will enjoy all ur brews... cheers!!!!

Welcome. I also enjoy brew days. I think I've actually lost weight from hauling buckets up and down to the basement. And turning the house into a beer sauna is the manly equivalent of a day spa.

I also enjoy the math and small amount of science.

I have to say, I am friggen hooked to brew days. I absolutely love sitting in the garage for 7 plus hours, brewing, drinking, smoking a cigar, watching a ball game, all while sweating my a$$ off! It's good therapy! :)

I agree about the therapeutic qualities of brewing. Brewing and gardening are my productive outlets (in the sense that I produce a physical product). They definitely satisfy some primitive urge to produce, and when I go without, I suffer.

Oh, and you'll eventually get beer. You'll be even more hooked :mug:

Dude!!!! Sounds like you got it bad... I did prettyy much the same thing. Shoped for a Mr. Beer and read endlessly. Did one extract Mr. Beer batch and started an AG automated 3 tier tower the next morning. I started with zero electronics hands on experience and a bunch of zinc coated uni strut. Since then I have changed the plan at least a hundred times. By the time I get around to building a component, I decide to change it somehow, Then when I start building that change, I end up changing it again. It's a slowly evolving monster that should be pretty complete and efficient when I am done. Fortunately I am not in a hury to get anything done anymore. Hope to have mine done and the build pics all up around dec maybe. That would complete the project in a year.
Wheelchair Bob

Sounds familiar.....

I also did 4 brews before I even tasted my first. Now even after many, many more brews I still love it. I amazes me that you can take some ingredients, boil them up, cool it down, add some yeast and get an amazing brew to drink. I doesn't get any better than that.

Welcome to the addiction.

Welcome......six months planning that is impressive. I am like you there is nothing better then a brew day.

I guess you can say I'm kinda methodical. :)

It probably took me a good 3 months of reading before I decided the system that would best fit my needs. Then it was just a matter of finding materials and building a system. As everyone knows though, it's an ongoing project. But fun as heck! :)

Heh, yeah chill one for 2 days and drink it. It should be mostly carbed and taste pretty good. I always try one at the 1 week mark...just 'cause I can. Just don't freak out if it isn't fully carbed or tastes a bit off.

Dude,

I thought I was nuts, spending $1000 before I had even tasted my 1st brew :(, but YOU are absolutely insane! Just wait till you have tasted something, all hell is going to break loose! :D

Drink it, Drink it, Drink it, Drink it, Drink it, Drink it, Drink it, Drink it, Drink it, Drink it, Drink it, Drink it, Drink it, Drink it, Drink it, Drink it, Drink it, Drink it, Drink it, Drink it, Drink it, Drink it, Drink it, Drink it, Drink it, Drink it, Drink it, Drink it, Drink it, Drink it, :D

So awesome I also spent a decent time reaserching. I ended up skipping Mr beer and starting at mini mash. Three weeks in I'm bottling my first beer on Sunday. Al I can do is talk about brewing with anyone willing to listen. I love everything about beer but most of brewing :)))

Just to update this thread. I have bottled two batches now and am enjoying my American Pale and my Belgian Pale Ale. Both beers have waaaaay exceeded my expectations and taste awesome! I should have started AG brewing 20 years ago! Cheers guys!

Back