I'm gutted

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Akavango

Reaction score
I have an arrangement with a pub here in Cork that they would serve my beer on tap but since I don't have a brewing license I can't sell it to him. I get the pub a cask and he give me some beer in exchange.

I casked the beer last week and I delivered the beer today. It is a Belgian IPA. 5 yards from the pub, one of the plug blew up and I was soaked in beer. I never found the plug, it must have flew into the nearby river. This was supposed to be my first beer served into a pub as part of a Belgian beer festival next week.

Not only do I have to wait another 5 weeks before my beer can be served into a pub but it was the first time I had to dump some good beer into the drain. I managed to save about 5L of it and waiting for some friends to share my misfortune.

I lost about 4 gallons of it. I was a good beer god damned it.

Taking my hat of in honor the fallen. I would pour out a splash of beer, but there's been quite enough of that!

That's horrible. Not only a waste of good beer but that seems like a really cool way to get your beer out there and see more people think.

I have an arrangement with a pub here in Cork that they would serve my beer on tap but since I don't have a brewing license I can't sell it to him. I get the pub a cask and he give me some beer in exchange.

I casked the beer last week and I delivered the beer today. It is a Belgian IPA. 5 yards from the pub, one of the plug blew up and I was soaked in beer. I never found the plug, it must have flew into the nearby river. This was supposed to be my first beer served into a pub as part of a Belgian beer festival next week.

Not only do I have to wait another 5 weeks before my beer can be served into a pub but it was the first time I had to dump some good beer into the drain. I managed to save about 5L of it and waiting for some friends to share my misfortune.

I lost about 4 gallons of it. I was a good beer god damned it.

Which pub? Get something on tap by the end of the August so I can sample while Im there on vacation. :tank:

I got over it but it seems that my luck is not improving. I made another batch of a killer IPA for the pub and for the next 3 days we had very un-Irish like temp 82 F during the critical stage of fermentation. I hope I don't get off flavors because I made 15 gallons of it.

Sounds like a real Pub.. very jealous actually. Love the whole pub concept, and the fact they are serving HomeBrew... ! Positively mind blowing.

Glad you have a sense of humor. re: my last post. Bad Plug in Cork...indeed :) Still chuckling. Good Luck with THe IPA :mug:

Tomorrow finally my beer will be served in that pub. It is Double IPA. Can't wait.

:) No worries about that the cask was delivered the day of the casking to avoid a repeat.

The evening was a great success, the beer was all gone in 2h all 5 gallons of it. And no explosions this time.

1230076_10202018394967195_656004697_n.jpg

It's rapidly changing. The craft market is growing a 40% a year for the last 2 years. It is still hard to find some American ipa but Sierra and Rogue are well represented here. You can find it in bottle and often also on tap.

Back