I'm bored

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trizzant

Reaction score
*now that I spelled that right

I've got an IPA in the secondary, a Raspberry Wheat in the Primary, and nothing to do but wait and read these forums. What else can I do?

Don't just read the forums, become a post whore!

Either that or buy one of the fabulous brewing books that are available. Do a quick search and you will find several that are highly recommended.

Go see Chuck, Tim, or Norm over at What Ale's Ya and buy a couple of buckets. Then either talk with the guys about getting some of their recipes from them or pickup a couple of Brewer's Best Kits. Then brew some more and be bored no more!

In fact, if you look at Brewer's Best Kits website you can pick a couple that you'd like to brew. Then go see the guys and most likely they'll have the ingredient list and can sell you fresh stuff that hasn't set in a box for who knows how long.

Brew on!

Make more beer. I recommend the kits from northern brewer or Austin homebrew

i agree with everyone else i am in the same boat. irish red in secondary and a raspberry wheat in primary. i am planning on buying another primary bucket and another carboy. happy brewing people

Yeah make more. buy smaller vessels if its getting expensive. Design some beer labels. Try new beers.Thats what keeps me goin until the pipeline kicks in.

+1 one the planning. i have a full boat in motion with only my bottling bucket left. i already have been putting my extra ingredients into my BrewCalc. to see what i can make and what i need to buy to make my next brew when ready.

also making and updating your Brew Journal would be a good idea as well. Putzing with different ideas.

God, do i need a hobby to take me away from my Hobby? maybe try fishing?

I just finished mastering the most awsome excel spreadsheet for my homebrews. Enter a few parameters, yeast attenuation, temperature, OG etc and SHAZAM. Now every time I read the SG I get attenuation%, efficiency% and a boat loads of awsome figures.

Also, it's my bible of what I've brewed, yeast used, expiry dates, adjuncts, etc.

Do it!

Start planning your full bar with 100 keg taps, massive hop garden, beer cellar, 20 year homebrew aging recipe, complain that work is taking up all of your brewing time, figure out how to turn more of your house into brewing zones.

I can tell you haven't done any/most of these because you only have two fermenters. :D Once you get done with that celebrate with beer and sex.

Go see Chuck, Tim, or Norm over at What Ale's Ya and buy a couple of buckets. Then either talk with the guys about getting some of their recipes from them or pickup a couple of Brewer's Best Kits. Then brew some more and be bored no more!

In fact, if you look at Brewer's Best Kits website you can pick a couple that you'd like to brew. Then go see the guys and most likely they'll have the ingredient list and can sell you fresh stuff that hasn't set in a box for who knows how long.

Brew on!

+1

Keep it local! Those guys rock!

Thanks for all the good advice. I think I may invest in 1.5gl vessels and split a batch up and add different flavorings. When I was a kid I made lolipops made with Lorann Oils. I'm going to give some of their water soluble ones a try on wheat beer. My wife wants to try a chocolate marshmallow stout and call it s'more beer :) I've created a monster :)

Back