IKEA Korken swingtop bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$3.99 per bottle isn't cheap. And clear glass is asking for skunky beer.

Find a booze shop that carries Fischer's Ale. You'll get high quality brown glass swing-top bottles. Oh, and the beer inside is drinkable.

I have 4 that I use as small growlers... Great for that but I would not carb in them

Should be able to pick up a dozen EZ-Cap 1L swing tops for a similar price, they're not clear (unless you want em to be) and they are made for the pressures of bottle conditioning.

I've seen several threads about IKEA bottles. I'm too lazy to search them, but my memory says that people have reported success doing it, but there is also no info on the pressure rating (if any) for the bottles, so you're taking a risk in using them. Personally, I wouldn't use them.

I use these but purchased them years ago for 1.99 each if I remember. Ichanged out the seals with the reddish rubber ones for grolsch bottles. Only issue I had was one cracking at the neck when opening from pressure.

Back