IIpa recipe formulation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hamrd

Reaction score
I am trying my hand at a new recipe,any thoughts on this initial version?

8 lb pale malt
2 lb Munich
2 lb aromatic
.50 lb carapils
2 lb corn sugar

2oz pacifica FWH
1oz summit 75 min
1/2 pacifica 60 min
1/2 pacifica 45 min
1/2 fuggles 30 min
1/2 amarillo 10 min
1 oz pacifica 1 min
1/2 simcoe dry hop
1/2 amarillo dry hop
1/2 centennial dry hop
1 oz chinook dry hop
wyeast 1056

If it were me, I'd take the 60,45, and 30 minute additions and bring them closer to the end of the boil. I like my late addition hops. However, I can't comment on this particular blend of hops. Seems to be all over the place (Regarding characteristics). But you never know.

Just make sure you've got enough bittering hops to get the IBUs you're looking for and add the late additions if you like the aroma and flavor (As I do). :)

im kinda cleaning up some of my left over hops but the summit and pacifica i havent used before they just sound interesting to me. as far as the corn sugar i am wanting it a little drier (just not overly sweet).

thanks for the help and any info

just thought it would add some body and smooth mouth feel without adding color or much sweetness. Having said that I am open to suggestions as I am really new to recipe formulation. Ive been brewing for quite some time but not making my own recipes.

Back