If you could...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewMoreBeers

Reaction score
If you could invent anything to make your brew day easier, what would you invent?

I would invent a device to remind me to set my PID from 211 degrees to 70% after the boil gets rolling. I have no idea why I always forget that.

I would invent a box that I could put everything in, push a button, and it would be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized. (dishwasher-esque for brewing). Carboys? no problem. racking canes? no problem. tubing? no problem. CFC? no problem. pumps? no problem...

audger said:
inline digital refractometer.

I like that! What if their was a stick on LCD thermometer/ refracometer. You just stick it on your carboy.

A bald midget with 12 hands and pulsating lady bits!!!

Invent my brew assistant.
weird-science_480_poster.jpeg

I would invent a homebrew that gave perfect memory for 5 hours. That way I could drink homebrew and not forget what I am doing while brewing!

it's called Fermcap-S (5 drops instead of mist)

"Brewers should not use silicone-containing antifoam for unfiltered beers. The FDA allows active silicone to be used up to 10 parts-per-million (ppm) but stipulates that the silicone must be removed prior to packaging by either filtration or centrifugation."
Cheers!

Dana Johnson Brewery Technical Representative BIRKO Corporation Henderson, Colorado www.birkocorp.com:

how about a brew shop that has sales on stuff i want or need.... carboys, vinator, yeast, flasks.... sales that make me think...I'm broke but the kids don't need lunch this week....I'm not passing this up....

"Brewers should not use silicone-containing antifoam for unfiltered beers. The FDA allows active silicone to be used up to 10 parts-per-million (ppm) but stipulates that the silicone must be removed prior to packaging by either filtration or centrifugation."
Cheers!

Dana Johnson Brewery Technical Representative BIRKO Corporation Henderson, Colorado www.birkocorp.com:

Yet the same silicone is approved by the FDA to be given infants at levels above 5 drops per day. Makes you wonder?

Back