If beer was outlawed tomorrow

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mjolnir

Reaction score
this is a stupid question im sure and im sure i get alot of sh*t asking it but would like to see how everyone would deal with it
not that it would ever happen again but history has a funny way of repeating itself

I would follow the law to the T (as far as you know). :mug:

I would also invest in a large plot of private property surrounded by deep foliage. :p

I would grab my most likely illegal guns (at that point) and head to Washington DC. Who is with me.

id be there by your side on that well after my beer reserves ran out that is

I say we secede and make our own country where we can brew whatever we like, however much we want, without worry.

well the civil war was based on (in the very beginning of the war) unfair taxes on the south
that is why they wanted to secede from union then shorthly after the north made it about the slaves as everyone thinks the war was started over :off: with that said most americans that drink and home brew are to much of *****s to ever fight back and they think/know that. god forbid it ever happens i hope we arnt the *****s the government think we are

I say we secede and make our own country where we can brew whatever we like, however much we want, without worry.

I'm not busy, I can be the King....

Buy a reflux still and a few 100L barrels to start stock piling liquor for when they outlaw that aswell...

Id hook to my trailer, drive down to Rahr, and offer them a little change to take those worthless tanks, tuns and kettles and 'scrap' them

More scarry - what if something like a blight killed of all the barley or hops? Similar to the cause of the irish potato famine. I mean if we couldn't make it not because of the law but a biological cause !!! now that woudl be scary - laws can be changed.

And I'd continue to do wine or mead... after all you just said beer!

I would spend plenty of time on the internet trying to figure out which country I would want to move to. I already believe the government has too much control over our lives and if I elaborate any more, then I would probably have to move to the debate forum.

this is a stupid question im sure and im sure i get alot of sh*t asking it but would like to see how everyone would deal with it
not that it would ever happen again but history has a funny way of repeating itself

I would just make some at home, like the old bootleggers... :mug:

i'd start researching which bread yeasts go with what flavor profiles...

Sounds like it would be time to build a still and get some badges on the ole payroll. There would be money to be made.

This country would never go dry again they tried and realized it was a horrible mistake and the coffers took to big of a hit.

I always pictured myself running a speakeasy...

My fantasy would be fulfilled.

Honestly, I would cry for a good hour or so..and use my tears as the water for my last batch of homebrew.

Back