If anything can go wrong....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blaze

Reaction score
Had a nice batch of Belgian Dubbel Ale that I racked 3 weeks ago and decided to bottle it tonight. Sanitized my bottles and equipment and was good to go. Well the bucket I used to mix my corn sugar and siphon from my fermentor has this little stupid plastic turn spicket that decided to have a crack and started leaking. So I had to stick my hand into the dam thing and try to tighten the frigging nut on the inside. I thought I might get away with that since my hands where pretty sanitized from washing the bottles. Anyway it got worse and I now have about 2 gallons of beer on the floor so I grab another clean bucket (not sanitized) to saved what was left. So I bottle what was left from the unsanitized bucket and spent the last two hours cleaning up. I would be amazed if this stuff is drinkable in another six weeks, but who knows...

I bet it is going to be all ok. There is a thread about Murphy's law and homebrewing ( not the exact title) but you get the idea. as long as you did not use the bucket to clean the toilet you should be fine. let us know how it turned out

Yah, there was a thread about what's the worst thing you've done and your beer still turned out fine. I think you'll find your batch is pretty resilient. Doesn't mean it's bullet-proof, but beginning brewers like myself tend to be all expectant-baby-ish and freak out a little over stuff that doesn't necessarily need to be freaked out over.

Look up Revvy's posts, he seems to be well grounded and always open to answer newbie questions.

Peace.

Yah, there was a thread about what's the worst thing you've done and your beer still turned out fine. I think you'll find your batch is pretty resilient. Doesn't mean it's bullet-proof, but beginning brewers like myself tend to be all expectant-baby-ish and freak out a little over stuff that doesn't necessarily need to be freaked out over.

Look up Revvy's posts, he seems to be well grounded and always open to answer newbie questions.

Peace.

+1 always...always listen to Revvy

Well after 3 weeks in the bottle I crack one open. Turned out pretty good if I must say so myself. I'll Give it another two weeks and I should be good to go. Shame half of it ended up on the floor, maybe I should have rung out the mop and squeezed the other half in bottles too just for fun and giggles. Thanks for the advise.

Back