Ideas for adding a (hobby !) brewery/tavern/mancave to a house...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The good news in all this is that we are probably going to build a new house.

It sound silly to build a house in these times, but it makes total sense given what building costs are these days and what the owners want for houses given what the market says they are worth.

The good news in that is the beer bunker is probably going to be designed into the new house. We are starting our search for a lot today.

Let me know if you need any quality design/drafting done when the time comes - I've done everything from custom architectural detailing and cabinetry design to structural engineering on bridges, water parks, and major international projects (custom islands in the Bay of Gibraltar, anyone?) and plenty of civil design/drainage/earthworks to boot. I work freelance and wouldn't normally advertise like this, but your project just sounds too dang interesting to not offer. I don't hold any California licensing, but could cut your costs significantly by only needing design approval from a licensed P.E.

-Bryan
http://engineering.digitalgibson.com

Update.

This project is going to be on hold for a while.

We spent a lot of time looking at houses and made offers on several. None of our offers were accepted. Its a funny market out there.

After a while we gave up on trying to buy a house and turned to trying to buy a lot and build. In the area we are interested in, this involves buying a tear down. Again, none of our offers were accepted, even the one where our cash offer matched the listed price ! Like I said, its a funny market out there.

So... we struck a deal with the owner of one of the houses that we made an offer on to RENT it. We'll be moving into a nice house, but I will not have the opportunity to build the tavern bunker I dream of while there.

All is not lost, however. We are hopeful that we will be able to purchase a lot and start building a year or so from now.

I haven't forgotten about the pictures. I'll post them up in a month or so when the move is done.

Thanks for all the input into this thread.

Back