i wish someone could taste my 1st brew :/

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RippinLt

Reaction score
Everyone around here loves to sample it but they just drink it because its beer; who doesn't like free beer?

I wish I could mail one of my bottles to an experienced member on here for an opinion worth listening to; not just "Yeah, definitely beer. I'll take another."

look for AHA home brew contests and enter one. they will likely send you a copy of the judges notes.

Everyone around here loves to sample it but they just drink it because its beer; who doesn't like free beer?

I wish I could mail one of my bottles to an experienced member on here for an opinion worth listening to; not just "Yeah, definitely beer. I'll take another."

You're welcome to mail me a beer!! I'll give you tasting notes. I'm no expert beer judge, but I think I could give some objective feedback.

I would make the same offer as marshall, but I have a feeling sending alcohol and live organisms accross the border might not work...or be very expensive haha

Sounds like you need to find a homebrew club. I'm sure there's at least one around the Atl area.

edit: somehow I read Alberta as Atlanta. Anyway, it still goes. Might be a club in your area you can join. They'll give you an honest opinion and constructive criticism if you want it.

I would make the same offer as marshall, but I have a feeling sending alcohol and live organisms accross the border might not work...or be very expensive haha

ah, didnt notice the OP is in Canada.

I always ship my "home-made salsa" UPS Ground...its cheap and seems to get there intact every time.

my home is in Philly but my current location is canada. Im home for the holidays maybe i will look further into sending out some brew!! To take it even further id like to try other brewers stuff too! I just want some type of comparison/judgment

my home is in Philly but my current location is canada. Im home for the holidays maybe i will look further into sending out some brew!! To take it even further id like to try other brewers stuff too! I just want some type of comparison/judgment

Hit me up when you're home if you want to swap some brews via mail. I always enjoy tasting other homebrewers work and I enjoy sharing mine with someone who can appreciate the time and effort that goes into it.

I know another homebrew forum used to do a homebrew "chain mail" type deal. Maybe they still do, I don't know. If I remember right, they called it Beer Pass. Haven't been over there in a while (about 3 years).

What would happen is people would sign up each month to participate. They would send samples to, say, 4 people. And 4 people would send samples to them (usually not always the same people that they sent to as there were a lot of participants). Afterward there would be a thread where they talked about each other's beers. I never participated but it was fun to read the comments different people had on other people's brews.

Would be cool to get something like that going here since there are a lot more active members on this forum than the other one. But it is up to the sole discretion of the forum moderators, since after all, sending alcohol through the mail is illegal. Don't know if that is a can of worms they want to open or not.

all we really need to do is exchange emails at first... not to play tricks on the moderators but at least it wouldnt be affiliated with this site.. unless they dont recommend it :)

It should require some type of formal organization though. Even amongst friends, there is always going to be at least that one dude that doesn't give, but does receive. In a large pool, more dudes of this type.

Type homebrew canada in google, you should have results for clubs in Alberta. You can always submit beers to competitions if you want serious, no-holds barred feedback.

Latest posts

Back