I will enter a competition for the first time

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p_p

Reaction score
So I decided to give it a go and signed up for a BJCP competition.
The calendar allows me to brew two beers. I've chosen two popular categories, so not really hoping for much.
Hopefully the feedback will make the hassle worthwhile.

I pretty much know nothing about brewing for competition.
If you feel like offering advice, it would be great.

Cheers

Are you sending beers or dropping off? Naturally carbonating? Getting the beer in the right category is half the battle. If sending beer, make sure they don't sit in a hot/freezing truck over the weekend. If naturally carbonating make sure you allow enough time for your beer to resettle and clear before the competition.

If its a hoppy beer and you are bottling from a keg, wait till the last day to bottle/deliver the entry.
Pick a drop off location that keeps the entries refrigerated.

If you are shipping use FEDEX. Put each bottle in a zip lok bag and then wrap it w/bubble wrap. I use 2 12 x 12" sheets. Then line the box w/more bubble wrap and place the bottles inside standing up. Mark box This Side Up. Send early to allow the yeast and "stuffs" time to resettle at the bottom.

Good Luck.

Back