I want the most refreshing beer on earth!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First you need fresh Colorado Spring water... then, something about "Cold as the Rockies"

I also need to know how to install those bars on my kegs that tell me when my beer is cold

This is what happens when you own a Tivo, I haven't seen a commercial in years

Actually ice brewing, which removes extremely small pieces of ice, is remarkable at selectively removing chill haze causing compounds. It is a true high point in brewing science but it is expensive compared to comparably effective methods and you can't do it at home. It may have been exploited by marketing folk, but like beechwood aging, there is a solid scientific and practical reason for doing it.

Berliner Weiss is the most refreshing beer, for the record.

Actually ice brewing, which removes extremely small pieces of ice, is remarkable at selectively removing chill haze causing compounds. It is a true high point in brewing science but it is expensive compared to comparably effective methods and you can't do it at home. It may have been exploited by marketing folk, but like beechwood aging, there is a solid scientific and practical reason for doing it.

Berliner Weiss is the most refreshing beer, for the record.

I reject your BW and substitute koelsch

I reject your BW and substitute koelsch

Either one gets the job done nicely. I'd probably have to give the edge to the BW though - lower ABV, and the lactic character make it wonderfully drinkable in large quantities.

There's no way Koelsch is more refreshing than a crisp and ice-cold pilsner.

If you've ever been to Cologne and had the real stuff then you would know that this is simply not true. The difference between an authentic Kölsch and a good German Pils is much smaller than you think. I was quite surprised. The real stuff was more bitter than I expected and was on par with a typical German lager, and definitely more than an American lager. There was the slight fruitiness that set the Kölsch apart, but this was less pronounced than the bitterness was

If you've ever been to Cologne and had the real stuff then you would know that this is simply not true. The difference between an authentic Kölsch and a good German Pils is much smaller than you think. I was quite surprised. The real stuff was more bitter than I expected and was on par with a typical German lager, and definitely more than an American lager. There was the slight fruitiness that set the Kölsch apart, but this was less pronounced than the bitterness was

So there :D

Seriously though, I'll say that I have had some damn fine and refreshing lagers in Europe, but I do enjoy a kolsch on a hot day

pjj2ba said:

Well for your information I have been to cologne. I would agree with you if I had been talking about german pilsners. I was talking about the Czech variety however and I still stand by my statement. Thanks for your worldly input though!

This is all BS. Everyone knows the most refreshing beer comes from the land of sky blue waters.

I heard being delivered by a speeding silver train makes a beer taste even colder.

I heard frost brewed refers to coors sterile filtering their beer as opposed to pasteurization.

But I like a good soured saison!

In the same family as a Kolsch or a pils, would be a German helles..If you've ever sat at the Augustinerkeller in Munich, drinking some of the best beer in the world...It doesn't get much better than that..

You're all wrong the most refreshing beer is the first one you drink when parched.......:D

I would have to agree. Context is everything. I still remember years ago having a Coors light that totally hit the spot. I was truly fabulous and refreshing. I've probably had less than 6 Coors beers since then (20+ yrs ago)

I recommend a glass of cold water, you can then go back to drinking your stout and be completely refreshed.

That stout is mostly water so why give up the taste of the stout for that chlorinated crap from the faucet. :mug:

Coors light is very refreshing.

Poured over your head after a rugged bike trip through the mountains, that is.

Frost Brewed is for noobs. I Smooth Brew all my beers.

If you're really thirsty, pound back some water, then drink whatever you feel like. I've drank a RIS on the beach in 90 degree sun and enjoyed it.

Interesting that the Berliner Weisse was disuputed as most refreshing. germans even ghetto that refreshing action by taking hefeweizen and making radler et al.

I am from cologne and i vote Berliner Weisse as the most refreshing beer by a looong shot. I am guessing that some of those voting koelsch over it may not have had berliner weisse? I will swap some of my BW for something that you find to be your particular home brew strength!

Bring the challenge:) we can crossship.

Right now, I'm getting f'ed up on my Ommegang Hennepin clone. Refreshing? Well, for now but I'll probably regret it in the morning.

Wait a minute!! I just heard a commercial that said Coors Light is the world's most refreshing beer!

Must...get...Coors...Light. blah.

Oh, another commercial said that Miller Light tastes great and is less filling! Not sure why less filling is better...I've never been particularly too "filled" by real beer. I hate marketing schemes.

Mash with ice water for 60 minutes then pitch the yeast directly into it and then store it at 33 degrees. THAT would be frost brewed

Radler or shandy is some pretty refreshing stuff. Sweet, but good. Didn't expect Germans to be diluting their awesome brews, but as one explained to me, "I usually have it if I am exercising, or I have already had 3 or 4 mass (liter glasses)"

Back