I wanna make a beer with lime flavor added

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STARLIGHTNING

Reaction score
Hello. I've been making home brew for a while but I use existing beer kits, as I haven't set up yet to do it with the hops, malt, boiling, etc. So my question here is I want to make something like a Bud Lime like beer, or like corona with lime but I'm not sure how to add the flavor and not mess up the batch of beer. I am limited to the beer kits I get in my area. I can get Muntons, Brew Canada, Brew House and Coopers regularly. I can get Cerveza kits, Blonde and Pale ale and Dry ale kits pretty much all the time. If anyone has any tips on how I can add Lime flavor to beer I would be most appreciative of any help.

Thanks for any help in advance

I have a lime kolsch recipe that uses three limes worth of zest in the last 5 minutes of the boil. Could probably do the same with one of your canned kits.

I did one awhile back. itwas just OK. I made lime extract with the zest of 4-5 limes in some cheap vodka.

I made this for my father and some had more lime than others. I was scared to stir for fear of oxidation but I wish I had stired more.

It was not the bright lime flavor of bud lime but it was definatly lime beer.:mug:

You could use the zest as the others are mentioning... but that might be a little hit or miss depending on your experience and set-up. If you are just looking for the flavor... I would use lime extract and add it at bottling. That way you can taste the amount you are adding as you go for a more controlled addition.

Careful some extracts are oil extracts which can ruin head retention. Health food stores carry both types. Made a Wit years ago added orange extract at bottling/kegging kegs worked better bottles popped and poured fine but head always fizzed out to nothing my .02

Thank you all for the suggestions. I am going to be setting a batch in the next few days and I think I know what I'm going to do.

Back