I used to like the winter Olympics

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to admit there is some skill and athletism to snowboarding, at least just as much as the other winter sports. What I found funny was the hip-hop connection in snowboarding. I am not sure if they were street clothes or uniforms made to look like street clothes but I swear one kid had pants down past his butt with his underwear showing. That would be real funny if that were a uniform made to look that way.

Oh, I agree that it takes skill and athleticism for those sports. But they are boring as hell to watch. And the announcers sound like Spiccoli from Fast Times at Ridgemont High. In other words, they sound like stoners and morons. I watched as much as I could stomach and switched to the History Channel.

And +1 to the hip-hop connection. They looked laughable.

This time around CTV got the rights to broadcast the Olympics and it's not nearly 24 hour coverage, it IS 24 hour coverage. All the CTV stations are broadcasting nothing but Olympics 24 hours a day. When there are no live events to cover they re-broadcast the earlier events. It's ten minutes to five AM right now and they're showing the half pipe competition again.

You know, I'd PAY for that kind of Winter Olympics coverage. If there was an "Olympics package" on dish/cable where I could get 24 hour continuous coverage of everything on a couple of channels, including the less "popular" events, it'd be worth fifty bucks or so to me. I'm sick to death of the sausage-processed "coverage" NBC is doing. What a cluster ****.

ok, all i have to say is shaun white is ****ing ridiculous.

But also does anyone find it extremely retarded when americans chant "U.S.A"? I find it unbearable.

I think the USA chant started around the time of the 80 Olympics hockey team beating the Soviet Union. It meant something then, it's nothing but embarrassing now.

The whole snowboarding thing makes me want to yag. Can't watch it. Get rid of it. The short track speed skating is declining in interest for me.

I used to love the figure skating, even if the Russians did always find a way to muck up the scoring in their favor. I like the pairs now, and that's it. Having the NHL players spread across so many countries is actually working, and I can't wait for the medal games. I can watch any Olympic cross-country skiing event and enjoy every minute. I can't watch it when it's not the Olympics.

It seems like the news people just need to constantly be in front of a camera - as if they're as important, or more so, than the athletes. Why do they feel compelled to explain what was just shown? The commercials just about make the Olympics unwatchable - and I just love the Olympics, Winter and Summer.

Last night, we settled in to watch the olympics. Friday night, primetime TV. I thought there would be something good.

What did we see? Not only ice dancing (which is more than bad enough), but it was the Cumpulsories! So, it was ice dancing but everybody doing the same dance. I thought their programs would be bad enough, but this was painful for me to watch. We watched a few minutes, and then had to turn it off.

I guess that NBC is catering to their viewers, or at least believes they are. But every person I've talked to hates the coverage of these games.

Last night, we settled in to watch the olympics. Friday night, primetime TV. I thought there would be something good.

What did we see? Not only ice dancing (which is more than bad enough), but it was the Cumpulsories! So, it was ice dancing but everybody doing the same dance. I thought their programs would be bad enough, but this was painful for me to watch. We watched a few minutes, and then had to turn it off.

I guess that NBC is catering to their viewers, or at least believes they are. But every person I've talked to hates the coverage of these games.

Reminds me of when I used to go to my child's gymnastics meets - every routine was the same . . . for four hours . . .omg

I wanted to watch skeleton the other night. Comcast/TVGuide thing said it was on starting at 12:30 (well, some time between then and 2:30am). I set the DVR and went to bed. Went to watch it the next morning, well, the late local news was pushed back and by the time the Olympics was back on they were still showing clips of figure skating and women crashing on the downhill course. Skeleton came on at 2:15 I guess, DVR cut out at 2:30.

Latest posts

Back