I think I may sell my HERMS... Indy area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with IrregularPulse, since you have time. Make the push to sell it after Christmas. People will have money and be willing to part with it. If after that time you are having troubles selling then think craigslist or part it out.

Can't wait to see what you have brewing on the next build.

Pol,

If I hadn't just and I mean JUST finished a clone of yours I'd have dropped that no problem.
Caught me about three weeks too late :(

And please take your time building a new one...as I love this design and would hate to have to start another project (assuming I'd copy your next too cause this one is full of awesomeness)

-Jay

It will take me weeks to get a parts list and "design" in front of me. The holidays are a busy time, and I have an insane work schedule ahead... so I have time to work out the sale of alpha while beta is on the table. The build will take months.

I do have the full support of SWMBO, she knows that my current rig is built out as far as I will take it. It is time for something else. I will use much of what I learned on my current rig over the past 4 years, to refine the next one.

I understand the Xmas cash issue, my bonus should be here in a week or so :ban: I have months to unload the alpha Brew Beast.

My wife is getting implants in the near future, my MIL told me that I should just buy her those, then I wont need another hobby ;) Ha ha ha

Good for you! I have been gentley trying to convince my SWMBO to get them... I started with offering to pay for the left one.... then i offered to pay for both.... Have any tips on how to make this happen for me?

Yeah, im a perv, I went right to Pols pictures to see what he was working with.

dancing.jpg

She is a beautiful lady!

Is she getting them because of post breast feeding boobs or just wants bigger ones? Either way win win. My buddy's wife got them after stopping breast feeding for their second and last planned child. They are nice. Well from what I've seen in your standard swim wear.

Is she getting them because of post breast feeding boobs or just wants bigger ones? Either way win win. My buddy's wife got them after stopping breast feeding for their second and last planned child. They are nice. Well from what I've seen in your standard swim wear.

:off:

She has never breast fed... she has always wanted them. There was no convincing, it is all her idea, and I dont like to disagree with her :D

BOB just said, "You want to buy WHAT? Would that be all you need, brewstand and all? What else would you need and what's the total cost?" Then he said, "Well, ok, probably."

So, let me sell it to BOB. What exactly are you including, and the stand, too? I know you do 5 gallon batches, could I do 7? What are the plusses, and what are the drawbacks, of this system?

Oh, and Leon- if you're looking in on this thread- could you do my electrical, either in the basement (opposite the mill set up) or in the laundry room?

Pol:

Can't you just strap that thing to the underbelly of a plane the next time you have a flight into Seattle? I'll be waiting at the airport with the cash, and Christmas be damned :)

BOB just said, "You want to buy WHAT? Would that be all you need, brewstand and all? What else would you need and what's the total cost?" Then he said, "Well, ok, probably."

So, let me sell it to BOB. What exactly are you including, and the stand, too? I know you do 5 gallon batches, could I do 7? What are the plusses, and what are the drawbacks, of this system?

Oh, and Leon- if you're looking in on this thread- could you do my electrical, either in the basement (opposite the mill set up) or in the laundry room?

I am PMing you

It is most efficient at 5 gallons (that is what it was built for) but I ran the numbers and it will do a very good job with 7 gallons as well.

If I had to change anything, I would have more juice in the HLT for heating. At the time it wasnt even an option, today it is. Beta is not going to resemble this rig at all... not because I dont love this concept, I do, as do others... but I am using Beta to prove some new concepts.

I just got a promotion today at work... so it looks like January and part of February will be tight on time. Beta probably wont be ready for months, I may be able to prove concept in a month or so.

Bottom line, if I sell it and sell it whole for $1500...

You will be able to plug it into a 30A 240VAC outlet, add water, add grain and brew a batch.

Hi POL

If i was in a diff situation with storage space and finances, etc... I would out bid the rest of these gentlemen... Not sure at all what your 'secret' new venture is, but jolly gee willickers, have you considered building these things and selling them? based on the numbner of responses, looks like you could make a few bucks in the manufacturing biz?

rock on dude, do your thing. hello from chicago. by the way, it was 2deg farenheit today.... (did i spell that right?)

:drunk:

Not sure at all what your 'secret' new venture is, but jolly gee willickers, have you considered building these things and selling them? based on the numbner of responses, looks like you could make a few bucks in the manufacturing biz?

I've been asked more than a few times about pre-built CB20 systems, and I'm sure Pol has about his rig too. Thing is, while these systems have been quite carefully designed by their creators to be safe, there's no way in hell we'd get any kind of UL listing and the liability of someone screwing it up and electrocuting themselves or burning their house down are a potential nightmare.

Hi POL

If i was in a diff situation with storage space and finances, etc... I would out bid the rest of these gentlemen... Not sure at all what your 'secret' new venture is, but jolly gee willickers, have you considered building these things and selling them? based on the numbner of responses, looks like you could make a few bucks in the manufacturing biz?

rock on dude, do your thing. hello from chicago. by the way, it was 2deg farenheit today.... (did i spell that right?)

:drunk:

I actually did try to pimp myself to build them... no luck. There are a lot of dreamers, but few people writing checks ya know?

Weather sucks... I was out in NYC all week where it was in the mid 40s... came home to -8F windchills... damn.

My neighbor is supplying me with free SS plumbing, tri clamps and sanitary welding... he also gave me a free 150,000 BTU Reddy Heater tonight, so I guess I can build in comfort. (Neighbor runs a SS company here, plenty of "spares")

My only issue now is my recent promotion is going to eat up nearly ALL my free time in January... slow progress.

Is this initial burst of no free time training? or will you have generally less free time because of more air time?

We are all excited to see what you are up to.

Does your neighbor do SS pipe thin enough to be bent into a coil, in say, 1/4" or 3/8" diameter?

Is this initial burst of no free time training? or will you have generally less free time because of more air time?

We are all excited to see what you are up to.

Does your neighbor do SS pipe thin enough to be bent into a coil, in say, 1/4" or 3/8" diameter?

Coil? I dunno... but I have that on my list too.

The no free time in January will be a result of flying my normal line, and adding some ground school and SIM time for the Check Airman designation.

After that I will be back to "normal" except for some additional administrative duties.

If you find anything out about the SS coil, let me know. I am currently looking through vendors.

Hopefully administrative duties will not take too much extra time from the family or brewing.

I think $1500 is a great deal. I would drive up there for it. And I hope it stays in the family.

I am going to move to electric, but not going to leap that fast. HLT, then boil kettle, then pump and control. That is the plan.

You have inspired a couple of us to go electric I think... I am (theoretical I guess!) a huge fan. Now to put the plan into action slowly!

I actually did try to pimp myself to build them... no luck. There are a lot of dreamers, but few people writing checks ya know?

Weather sucks... I was out in NYC all week where it was in the mid 40s... came home to -8F windchills... damn.

My neighbor is supplying me with free SS plumbing, tri clamps and sanitary welding... he also gave me a free 150,000 BTU Reddy Heater tonight, so I guess I can build in comfort. (Neighbor runs a SS company here, plenty of "spares")

My only issue now is my recent promotion is going to eat up nearly ALL my free time in January... slow progress.

After taking a moment to ponder how you will use the 150,000 BTU Reddy Heater in your new brew rig, I have concluded that I need a cup of coffee.

If I were closer, I would definitely be interested in your system. I am looking forward to see what you come up with for the beta.

Congrats on your promotion.

Thanks guys/gals. On all accounts.

I have a lot of visions in my head right now for the Beta model... those may change once I get a chance to "shop" at my neighbors shop. By the time I start swiping the credit card, the design will have changed.

Luckily I am going to be able to utilize a few great vendors from HBT for certain parts, they will get thier credit when the unveiling happens. To those that I have contacted, thanks for your support here, and in my garage!

I want this thing complete and tested, so that when I share it, I have some hard #s and data to go along with it.... meaning that it will have probably already made wort by the time it hits HBT ;) It will have definately had several "wet runs" completed.

I am really excited to get started, I am also excited for my opportunity at work, though I wish it had wited until AFTER I built Beta....

I have two questions (I mean after all the questions about the new idea)

1. Do I have to sell my rig too since it is a copy of yours?

2. Do I have to copy your new one?

Pretty sure SWMBO would be very happy with a yes to #1, but would want to kill me if the answer to #2 was also a yes.

Oh well. Kudos to you for going all out (I hope) again. I have done 2 brews with the system and am very happy. Now once I get water piped to the system I will be in heaven!

I have two questions (I mean after all the questions about the new idea)

1. Do I have to sell my rig too since it is a copy of yours?

2. Do I have to copy your new one?

Pretty sure SWMBO would be very happy with a yes to #1, but would want to kill me if the answer to #2 was also a yes.

Oh well. Kudos to you for going all out (I hope) again. I have done 2 brews with the system and am very happy. Now once I get water piped to the system I will be in heaven!

Well...

You will DEFINATELY have to sell the rig if you want to be able to afford to copy the new one. It is going to be a little more wicked, a little more tricked out.

I will say this, I am taking EVERYTHING that I have learned/calculated while building my first rig, to design this new one. I dont have a name for the new one, but "No Limits" sounds good right now.

Keep in mind, though my general philosophy is set on the new build, how it will be executed is morphing daily. I had some great ideas at 36,000 feet on the way to Austin today... By the time the 4 hour flight was over, I had diagrams, panel layouts and parts lists scribbled all over my flight release!

Congrats on the check airman position!

Thanks... since my type ride a couple years ago it has been sort of in the works. Something is happening here, and they are bringing on 12 new check airmen... only rumors about what it may be, but I will be in a good place to reap the benefits.

CEO sayes he is talking to Boeing, Bombardier (C-series) and he is traveling to France this week to get some face time with Airbus... so it is anyones guess.

Keep in mind, though my general philosophy is set on the new build, how it will be executed is morphing daily. I had some great ideas at 36,000 feet on the way to Austin today... By the time the 4 hour flight was over, I had diagrams, panel layouts and parts lists scribbled all over my flight release!

Maybe thats what happened to the Northwest pilots who overshot their landing. :)

Let's start WAGing at the new (maybe improbable) build, to kill time till the unveiling.

I vote for an all grain version of the popular science brew rig. You know the guy starts with extract at one end, ferments in the middle, serves cold beer at the far end. It'll be a 20 foot long Willy Wonka beerinator and just barely fit in the garage.

This could be a good exercise or just totally silly. It may hatch some ideas for someone that are actually usable. Or it may just turn the rest of the thread to mind numbing stupidity. Let's see...

Ultimate%20Beer%20Making.jpg

I will say this, I am taking EVERYTHING that I have learned/calculated while building my first rig, to design this new one. I dont have a name for the new one, but "No Limits" sounds good right now.

I am actually getting excited about this. Looking through Pol's other stuff is impressive, but its going to be better? I mean, what could it be? How sweet can a brew rig be? Ohh, the anticipation builds!

he has to do something to keep the viewership on the webcasts up!

Heh, well the viewership was dropping off.

As I make plans, they change. The new rig will take me months to build... I am sure by the time it is complete, it will have been forgotten on the forum.

It will be a surprise when it gets posted, it will be a surprise to me if it works!

Back