I really really really really want to drink my beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blakelyc

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi All:

So I am completely new to home brewing..... my first batch was three weeks ago and was a NB Caribou Slobber extract kit. I wasn't entirely happy with my process, but it looks to be doing fine. I did a second brew a couple of weeks later of Le Petit Saison (also extract) and threw in some grains of paradise and orange peel. That's also sitting in a carboy doing its thing.... Overall process was better, but ferm started off a bit warm (which I hear may be a happy accident for a Saison).

I know it isn't ready yet. I know I have to wait. My goal is to have my first brew on National Home Brew Day even if it isn't perfect.

But I really really really really want to drink my beer :) God I can't wait for this whole "pipeline" thing.

:mug:
-b

You will need to brew at least every other week to keep up with "moderate" consumption and that assumes you don't share too many. :)

Get use to it. I've brewed over 150 batches and still get the excited feeling of anticipation with every batch. And it doesn't matter how good the pipeline is. For me, that’s what makes this such a great hobby.

Right now I have four beer on tap, but I really, really, really want to drink the one I brewed yesterday. :D

I usually start drinking my brews slowly about a week after I keg, they are very green at that point but I like to follow how it changes over time.

Go buy some craft brew and leave your home brews alone until they are ready. I promise if you start "sampling" there will be none to bottle and each time you do that you risk infection. We all went through this. I also suggest getting another batch going ASAP.

If you want a fast turn around time beer make a Wit. You can take it "from grain to glass" in under 2 weeks in most cases, if it even takes that long. ;)

You are allowed to sample - this is not drinking. I try a new brew weekly. I have plenty of aged beer so I don't over do it. But I think it is educational. I even test the wort while bottling.

I'll taste my gravity sample at bottling, then I'll wait a week for the initial bottle carbonation to occur and sample a beer. It's fun to see how the beer changes over time. Just don't like...drink em all before any even have a chance to properly condition.

i've only been brewing for 7 months so it's still kinda cool to start drinking after a week in the keg and learning how the beer evolves, but i'm getting a fourth keg today (2 taps) and i'm really looking forward to having a brew carbbed, cold and at least 3 weeks old before it even goes in the kegerator. I usually sample close to 2 beers worth before I get to the sweetspot. I think it will be nice to have those 2 already there before tasting. But most definitely agree with ----i wanna drink the one i just made NOW!

I was brewing every other week and still try. Between that and commercial beers I was fine. I share on average 60% of what I brew.

Back