I never would have thought...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bytor1100

Reaction score
I'm freaking maxed out. After what I currently have in the secondaries and primaries I have no more room to store beer. A far cry from when I first started out last November wondering if I could brew my own beer. I've done converted to AG(thanks to this forum).

I guess I need more kegs(already have 10), or start sharing more(I'm trying). I only have a few fellow drinkers around my current population(that I know, it's tough living in the strongest mormon community in America. I'm sure most of you would prefer my problem, but honestly I love sharing my brews, just hard to to find an open opinion on the subject apart from a few people I know.)

Yeah, it's hard when you don't have alot of people to share with. I'm on the opposite end as I don't have the kegs or time/money to build up a big stockpile. Only solution for you is to drink more beer.

It seems like it is constantly fluctuating for me.

I either have gallons and gallons and gallons and gallons of beer that I can't even make a dent in... or I am completely tapped out and dry for weeks.

i need to plan better

Dayum man... remember.... legal limit is a couple hundred gallons per year!!!!

Seriously though, I end up giving a lot of what I brew away - I'm a sipper and enjoy the flavor of GOOD beer with friends.

Too hot at my place during the end of spring summer and early autumn months, so I'm just about to get into the brewing cycle and don't have this problem!!!

Jonathan

Look at it like this...you live in a Mormon community so just to do your community duty, you must keeping a year's supply of beer on hand at all times. :D

Don't get cocky about it though, I maxed out my fermenters in July with stuff....only brewed once in August, and now my pipeline is critically low, AND i don't have time to brew right now....I've got one batch bottle conditioning and only a half case of mixed beers......I had too many group tastings and parties, entered contests, dropped off beers when I went to other homebrewer's houses and drank a heck of a lot of it myself...

As soon as you free up a fermenter get something going...I never realized how much a 1 month lapse in brewing can end up drying up a pipeline.

If I didn't know any better, I might think you were insinuating too much beer....

such a thing is just not possible.

and some of us have none :(

stupid weekend projects getting in the way

guess i'll have to take a day off work for the cause soon or else nobody gets Christmas beer :-/

Dayum man... remember.... legal limit is a couple hundred gallons per year!!!!

Ya....Good Luck with that!
(Fortunately My "Friend" keeps putting all that beer in my basement.)

As far as never too much...Yup.
I'm full...mostly of beer I don't really care for. (had 3 batches in a row that were just...OFF.) So even though I'm full, I'm picking up 5 more cornies, 4 cases of bottles (Too Lazy and not enough time to delabel) after I take SWMBO to airport. The kids and I will bottle 10 gallons, Keg 5 gallons of Apfelwein, 5 gallons of Irish Red, Brew 2 ESB experiments, 5 gallons of my first lager, and get another 5 gallons of Apfelwein on...all before she gets back Sunday.

Never TOO MUCH.

I'm usually pretty good at keepin the stock up. I always try to keep 2 cases of bottles and 3 kegs ready for drinking, and another 2-3 kegs conditioning. Just for those times when i may be away from home or can't get to brewin.

Latest posts

Back