I need kegerator kit advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sivispacemparabe11um

Reaction score
I am building a kegerator from a round Rockstar energy drink cooler. I am using 1/6 bbl sanke keg. I am not using a tower because the lid I am building will make it too tall for a tower. I have been looking at kegerator kits and it is tough to determine quality from pictures. the best value I have found is http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0036UTZL6/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1377748569&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX110_SY165 but I dont want to save the money if the kit is total junk.. If this kit isn't any good please advise what kit I should look at. I want to stay under $200 thanks for the help!

Last edited by a moderator:
That kit looks just fine. Check prices at kegconnection too. You can customize a kit to be as basic or decked out as you want, and shipping is a flat $7.95.

Thanks I think Ill buy the kit from Amazon now and buy a Chudnow regulator from Keg connection in the future,and just keep the cheaper regulator as a spare or for a mobile set up.

What kind of lid are you building?
Just curious since I've worked with one of those fridges, a keg fits great when you move the fan.

Edit: Skip buying a kit with a tank unless you already know where you are going to get it filled, and not swapped for a junky steel one. Been there.

It's a dome lid. I was going to move the fan but it still doesnt fit the way I would like it to. I've seen it done with Corny Kegs but I think the sanke keg is a little bit taller. I will start another thread to document my build when I start putting it together.

Back