I moved to BEER HELL :(

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
your 47 miles south of 3 floyds . . . go hit them up for some stuff. ok another 10 minutes in the brew & grow in bollingbrook.

i live 1 mile from brew & grow though and I still order most things from northern brewer. . .

After moving back to Illinois from Asheville, NC last week, I have gotten all settled in and went out to find some good beer today. Last week I found Fat Tire at Wal-Mart. I went to the Liquor Store, since there are no beers stores here and they did have a decent selection of Sierra Nevada, Rouge, Flying Dog, Avery, Left Hand, and Bells. They do have a good Belgium section.

It gets bad tho, the closest homebrew store over an hour away and I have not heard good things about it. I guess I could go through Northern Brewer but I am not going to be home during the days for the delivery. I will find a way to make it work.

I was going to suggest you hit up Binny's in Orland Park, but I realized that's 45 minutes away. Probably worth the drive if you plan on buying a lot. They have the best selection I've seen in the Chicago area. I haven't been to an LHBSs, but I haven't been too impressed with what I've heard about them. I've been ordering from Midwest Supplies. I get everything in 2 days, and I haven't had to sign for anything, they just leave it in the atrium of my building (I trust my neighbors). But having it shipped to work would work for me.

I miss Bells so much! We can't get it here in Oregon, although I think they could easily compete with many of the breweries here. Go drink some Oberon/Two Hearted and you'll feel better. Welcome to the Midwest!

I grew up in Michigan, and was practically RAISED on Bell's (particularly Oberon). I moved to Chicago, and THEY DIDN'T SELL IT HERE. I was heart-broken. Fortunately, whatever was stopping them from distributing to Chicago was no longer an issue. Starting at the beginning of this year, they've started selling again. I was PUMPED. :mug:

Latest posts

Back