I missed the fun!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Classic show! Especially liked Dougal, and as for Father Jack...Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls! Drink!

fathertedmain.jpg

Sorry I'm late. I saw the entire thing go down with usmcruz. I actually defended the guy in the sanitizing thread, before I had read the whole thing, and he jumped down my throat for it. It was hilarious. Kudos to the fact that this behavior isn't tolerated in this forum.
The attempt at re-joining as usmcruz77 was weak, but then he logged on as orrelseisgay, and posted on like fifteen different threads, all of them with idiotic threats toward orrelse, before he was re-banned, and his name changed to orrelseiscool. All of his posts are gone now too.

rewster451 said:
I actually defended the guy in the sanitizing thread, before I had read the whole thing, and he jumped down my throat for it.
I thought you were defending him...but it made him so mad that I had to reread your post just to make sure. I think he was more PO'd at you than any of us arguing with him...I guess it was because of all the help he'd given you in the past. :rolleyes:

I ended up having to IP ban him he was so persistent.

Thanks for reporting the posts guys that really helps me out. If someone is spamming, posting offensive material, etc. please, please use the "Report Post" function. It is the little red sign on the bottom right of each post.

DeRoux's Broux said:
catfish, you sure are up late. are you on a twist-off tonight/today? :~)

Both my homebrew and Makers Mark were hit pretty hard last night.:confused: Musta been a burglar.

Not all the BBC is bad, but Most of the things (Ab Fab, Neighbours, Mr. Bean) just turn me off... then again American TV is pretty bad too.

He psoted various references to Orrelse and admin that were rather childish. Must of posted to every recent thread he could beofre getting ip banned again. Was bragging about how many IP he can use, then said to go to morebeer.com where the people aren't a punch of screaming girls, or something like that.

If he's actually a Marine, he gives them all a bad name. Must of licked to many psychdelic frogs... Like Homer!

I wonder what nick he uses on morebeer? USMCRUSISANASS?

Makers has got to cost a fortune over there, but great stuff, it's about the only hard stuff I drink..

TxBrew said:
... If someone is spamming, posting offensive material, etc. please, please use the "Report Post" function. It is the little red sign on the bottom right of each post.

I'm glad we have this option and that most everyone here is really very respectful of one another. My model railroad forum is monitored, but there are so many participants that things still get heated. Several persons have been banned over the years. It can get kinda sad to see some of the childish fighting that goes on there from time to time.:( I don't see that sort of thing here!:)

I saw the marine fight. Was pretty cool, but a bore to read it all. Anyhow, to the Brit Television. Do you guys still have that T.V. tax? I was there '83-'86. I remember the patrol vans to catch the guys who don't pay the tax. I always thought it was kinda strange. But not to be the "ugly American" I paid mine.

Seeing I'm not a mod on any of those other forums if I see him around I'm gonna rile him up. ;) Really, I'm not vindictive like that, but I AM a member of Morebeer, Northern Brewer and the greenboard forums. Those are generally good places too so I'd hate to see some jackass know-it-all proclaiming he is the next Fred Miller, start crap over there too.

You guys have no idea how hard it was for me to not lay into him a couple of times. When he first got to the site I had to PM him to settle down the condascending posts, then those 2 threads really got out of hand. It was so funny to see some of you guys make him look like a moron.

Anyway...glad he's gone.....

Denny's Brew said:
He psoted various references to Orrelse and admin that were rather childish. Must of posted to every recent thread he could beofre getting ip banned again. Was bragging about how many IP he can use, then said to go to morebeer.com where the people aren't a punch of screaming girls, or something like that.

If he's actually a Marine, he gives them all a bad name. Must of licked to many psychdelic frogs... Like Homer!

I wonder what nick he uses on morebeer? USMCRUSISANASS?

Image6.jpg

banhim.gif
rock.gif

these beer board flame fests are really tame compared to the online games i've played and the flames i've seen there... :D and usmcruz was a poor troll, if you could even call him that. not clever, not witty, not wry, just i'll pound you....

the totalwar series, shogun, medieval and now rome has had some of the best flame wars i've ever seen, as has World of Warcraft and other MMORPG's... it's mostly due to the clans of players and the hyper-competative attitude of most of the players... and the average age of like 12, especially for w0w and the latestest totalwar game, rome.

hop on a politics forum for some other really good flames ;)

but i'm glad that **** is tolerated here. this is a place to share knowledge and experience and help us all enjoy better brew, so cheers :)

No joke, t1. The WoW boards are brutal, but as you point out, it's common for most any game that's made it big :(

Denny's Brew said:
I've heard about that tax. How the heck did that work???

Yep, we still have to pay the TV license fee over here in the UK.

It's over £100 per year for a colour TV license, and it all started with the BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation), here's a little history...

TV licence - a brief history
  • 1922 - start of a national radio service as a state monopoly. Rather than to be funded by advertising, the government decides to finance the British Broadcasting Company Ltd by a General Post Office licence fee of 10/- (10 shillings or 50p), on and from 1 November.
  • 1936 - first regular BBC television broadcasts begin but with no requirement for a TV licence. These ceased in 1939, owing to a war.
  • 1946 - Radio licence sees its first increase, doubling to £1. Combined radio & black & white TV licence introduced for the first time, at £2. The BBC's television service resumes on 7 June, on 405 lines (405 lines closes nearly 40 years later, in 1985).
  • 1952 - first TV detector van introduced, with some fairly exaggerated claims. Evaders at the time were estimated at between 100,000 and 150,000 people watching television without a licence.
  • 1954 - over 3 million licences issues, with an audience of over 20 million, with most watching outside their own homes.
  • 1955 - first ITV broadcast, funded not by the licence fee but advertising, thereby ending the BBC monopoly in television....
In conclusion...it sucks! :mad:

BlightyBrewer said:
Yep, we still have to pay the TV license fee over here in the UK.

It's over £100 per year for a colour TV license, and it all started with the BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation), here's a little history...

TV licence - a brief history
  • 1922 - start of a national radio service as a state monopoly. Rather than to be funded by advertising, the government decides to finance the British Broadcasting Company Ltd by a General Post Office licence fee of 10/- (10 shillings or 50p), on and from 1 November.
  • 1936 - first regular BBC television broadcasts begin but with no requirement for a TV licence. These ceased in 1939, owing to a war.
  • 1946 - Radio licence sees its first increase, doubling to £1. Combined radio & black & white TV licence introduced for the first time, at £2. The BBC's television service resumes on 7 June, on 405 lines (405 lines closes nearly 40 years later, in 1985).
  • 1952 - first TV detector van introduced, with some fairly exaggerated claims. Evaders at the time were estimated at between 100,000 and 150,000 people watching television without a licence.
  • 1954 - over 3 million licences issues, with an audience of over 20 million, with most watching outside their own homes.
  • 1955 - first ITV broadcast, funded not by the licence fee but advertising, thereby ending the BBC monopoly in television....
In conclusion...it sucks! :mad:

your better than the History Channel Blighty! :D

We have tv tax here too. The NHK (Japan's BBC) come to your door and harass you into paying. One guy I know went inside, got his TV, handed it to the NHK guy and closed the door. The guy was dumbstruck, stood around for a few, put the TV down and left. My mother in law made fun of me for paying once.

We don't seem to have a tax on burboun here, so a bottle of maker's is about 2000 yen, 17ish bucks US.:D

With the amount of utter sh!te on the BBC nowadays, I feel like dumping my TV outside broadcasting house with a polite note informing them to ram it!

Do you know they even get poor students to pay, even if they live in a hall of residence...how tight is that! I dislike all media corporations, run by the devil...all of them!!! (I bet they have investments in corn sugar too! ;))

When the TV Licence came out it paid for 100% of the UK TV available. Up to a few years ago it funded 50% of the TV available. Today it funds around 10% of the TV available but the cost still goes up each year.

The annoying thing is it only funds the BBC. Even if you choose not to watch/recieve the BBC you still have to Pay it. If you do not have any type of reciever but a video recorder just to play tapes you still need a licence, the same goes if you have a radio!

When you buy a TV your name is passed to the Licencing Authority!

I would almost like to see Congress try to do something like that here. Not that I want to pay more taxes but can you imagine the drama it would stir up?

Whiskey Rebellion all over agian . . . . /shrug were about due for a good revolution :D

Pumbaa said:
I would almost like to see Congress try to do something like that here. Not that I want to pay more taxes but can you imagine the drama it would stir up?

Whiskey Rebellion all over agian . . . . /shrug were about due for a good revolution :D

Revolutions are only called Revolutions if they are successful. Until then they are Riots or terrorism!
Can't complain abot Rebelions though.. (Or can you?)

I think I need to drink more and be less philospical.:drunk:

I would like to apologise for the lack of tact and decency displayed by someone claiming to be a Marine. I personaly am an ex Marine, and i am beyond offended :mad: at the way umscruz behaved. I hope that his ignorance and brazen attitude will not have given all of you a bad opinion about the rest of us Marines out here.:(

Once again I apologise for the indecent display of one who claims to be a Marine.:(

catfish said:
We have tv tax here too. The NHK (Japan's BBC) come to your door and harass you into paying. One guy I know went inside, got his TV, handed it to the NHK guy and closed the door. The guy was dumbstruck, stood around for a few, put the TV down and left. My mother in law made fun of me for paying once.
When I was living in Germany as an Army civilian and they came to my door I just told them I was an American and exempt from the tax. They have a detector that can tell if you are using airwaves :eek: - the satellite dish for the American channels helped them too, but I also had German cable). They sent me a bill anyway and I took it to JAG and they took care of it. I got another bill the following year and took it to JAG. I never got another notice.:D

Edmond Dantes said:
I would like to apologise for the lack of tact and decency displayed by someone claiming to be a Marine. I personaly am an ex Marine, and i am beyond offended at the way umscruz behaved. I hope that his ignorance and brazen attitude will not have given all of you a bad opinion about the rest of us Marines out here.

Once again I apologise for the indecent display of one who claims to be a Marine.

I've met many Marines, and I have to admit although a bit abrasive, every one of them is a better man than I. I'm active Air Force, and it so happens in our career field that we go to training school with the Marines. I know our latest troll is the exception to the rule. I respect you guys immensely. Thank you for serving.

(I couldn't help but think everytime usmcruz posted something idiotic, what Chesty Puller would have said or done or thought of that guy. :eek: :rolleyes: :( )

yep, i've known many too, and have nothing but respect for you guy's. thank you for the sacrifice and service (you too orrelse and HB 99!)

Edmond Dantes said:
I would like to apologise for the lack of tact and decency displayed by someone claiming to be a Marine. I personaly am an ex Marine, and i am beyond offended :mad: at the way umscruz behaved. I hope that his ignorance and brazen attitude will not have given all of you a bad opinion about the rest of us Marines out here.:(

Once again I apologise for the indecent display of one who claims to be a Marine.:(

I've met a few Marines and while many tend to be a bit. gruff.. They would never dishoner themselves by acing like a whiney child on the internet.

If usmcrus is a Marine then he's probably not a very well liked Marine. I just hope he's not in charge of other Marines. Man, could you imagine that guy as your superior???

Denny's Brew said:
Man, could you imagine that guy as your superior???
Reminds me of a movie I saw a long time ago. The detective was asking Michael Caine about this guy who was murdered. He asked, "he was your superior, wasn't he?" And Michael's character said, " no, he was my boss". Great line....:D

Thanks DeRoux!

Wow - I'm barely mentioned, and not even in a bad way. That's a good sign, but I still feel bad.

I must apologize for the way I came in on it. I handled myself in a manner less than becomming of myself. For anyone who read the posts I made that night, I apologize for antagonizing the fool and littering our boards.

I saw his posts start popping up. The first one was simple, and I told him his screen name was insulting and did not belong here. I told him to get an education and try again at life. I was happy with my first response, and should have left it at that.

As his posts started popping up everywhere, I got mad. I like coming here, and the thought of somebody ruining this place really got my goat. Since I was drunk, it made it worse. The more of these threads I read, the madder I got. The "body" thread was after I started a new thread to try to contain him, and was trying to send him there to keep him in one place. This is where I tried "baited" him to. I didn't want him spewing over the rest of these forums. Dumb idea on my part.

The moderators did a great job of removing all traces of him. The only traces of his crap were those left by me. So, after he was gone, there was just a bunch of posts by me that sounded bad.

I was honestly considering changing my screen name out of shame. I should have handled myself better than I did, and I apologize to everybody. I am sorry for the manner which I have conducted myself.

Back