Ed at Sweetwater

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shetc

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My family and I picked up my brother-in-law at Atlanta Airport, and headed over to Sweetwater Brewery for a couple of pints. There was a sign saying that a special musical guest would be there from 3:30 to 4:30. We showed up at like 5:30 so we missed this guy, and the drinks were on him

IMG_20230527_211214.jpg

That is cool.. Back in the late 90's MGD did the Blind Date concert thing..where a big named band playes a hole in the wall bar. I was in in Dublin, Ireland for a week for the millennium new year and bar I would get a few pints across from where I was staying had a MGD Blind Date with the Smashing Pumpkins THE NIGHT I WENT TO LONDON FOR A COUPLE DAYS. So close....shakes fist at the clouds

Many years ago I was in Vancouver, Canada with some friends. We were out sightseeing, and walked into a bar to get a beer before moving on. It was a tiny bar that could hold maybe 20 people with a round stage maybe 6 feet across. Stevie Ray Vaughan was on the stage. We stayed for a couple hours. Another night in L.A. I was in a bar with friends. Anthrax walked in and did an impromptu set since they were in town for a concert anyway. Both were in 1988 or 1989, so ages ago.

Back