I messed up an order and need some help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nomofett

Reaction score
So, I live overseas where the hop selection is terrible. I finally decided to pay the big shipping amount and get some hips from the states but I screwed up and forgot to order Simcoe for a Heady clone. It's mainly going to be used for whirlpool and dry hopping and looking around it looks like people say blending is the best replacement, but I don't have access to the hips they say to blend, if you can help me figure what to do that would be greatly appreciated. The hops I will have are...

I need to replace 81g-(about 3 oz) of simcoe

Mosaic - 145g
Amarillo - 86
Columbus - 16
Apollo - 36
Centennial - 36
Cascade - I can order so any amount is ok
Kent Golding can order
Citra - 75
Nugget - can order
Motueka- can order
N. Brewer - can order
Sorachi ace - can order
Comet - 56
Vic's secret - 113
Mandarina Bavaria - 56
Waimea- 56
Dr. Rudi - 56
TNT - 56

I can also order Tettnang, Saaz, Fuggle, and Zythos

If you have any ideas I would greatly appreciate it, even if it wouldn't replace Simcoe but would just be good in a Heady Topper clone (the clone has Columbus, Apollo, Amarillo, Centennial, and Simcoe)

Thanks!

Thanks, Would you recommend blending them with anything? I don't have enough centennial and I don't want to use all my Amarillo since it's hard to get over here.

Latest posts

Back