I love my wife

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Filter

Reaction score
She was out yesterday and picked me up a new brewing book, she got Extreme Brewing by Sam Calagione from DogFish Head Brewery
looks like a real cool book, does any one else have this book?
Lenny

I read a couple of chapters in Barnes and Nobe's the other night. I looked very interesting. I would have bought it if I hadn't been so "financially embarrassed" at the time.

she also like to hunt and fish
l_8acbad55022d9f1bab4d90d2208cdcf9.jpg

That's one of them that I picked up at the local library. I read through it in a weekend. It's a good'n. So is your wife, apparently. :) My wife doesn't drink beer but supports my getting into brewing for the same reason. If I'm happy, she's happy.

Great book IMHO.

It's the book that got me into brewing when I got it on sale at BN. It's got some great tips and recipes, and a good section on pairing food with beer. Plus, I live 15 minutes from dogfish head's alehouse in Gaithersburg, so it's nice to support the local beer scene and see how some of the recipes are supposed to taste firsthand and with great food.

I know what that's like. Mine bought me Brewing Classic Styles for Father's Day, enjoys numerous styles of beer, loves football and hokey, listens to classic rock and enjoys fishing as well. And she's good looking too.

BTW...nice redfish there, Filter. Give this a try if you haven't before. Filet the fish and remove the skin, coat in a thin layer of Catalina dressing and top with crumbled cheese crackers like Cheez-Its. Bake at 350 until flaky. Very tasty. Works well with several fish varieties and couldn't be easier.

yeah man extreme brewing is a great book.. i recently made up the ginger saison recipe in there, but have yet to bottle it yet. it has smelled delicious during fermentation so i'm hoping it'll be a winner! i'll post the results in a few weeks

Latest posts

Back