I love making beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David_Trucks

Reaction score
I have 4.5 gallons of Porter. I want to move 1 gallon to a secondary to add bourbon and oak. Because I can. And I like to experiment. I checked what should have been the FG and it was a mere 1.020 (the OG was 1.066). Not what I was expecting, this should be done by now. It tasted great, but I figure it needs more yeast (I'd say time could be a possibility too, but I'd like to think the 2 weeks I gave it is enough to ferment this batch).

So I grab some more slurry from the beer fridge (about 4 oz) and dump it in. With sips of Stone's Double Bastard through it all. (I love Stone beers). I'll check again in a week.

I love creating my own recipes, brew day, over thinking everything throughout the whole process, problem solving on the fly, reading topics on this forum just to learn something even if it isn't something that applies to me at the moment, driving my wife crazy while talking about beer and brewing constantly, etc. Cheers.

Back