I love homebrewing!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

supaphly42

Reaction score
So, I'm still rather new to homebrewing. Moving pretty quick though. Started my first Mr. Beer batch in Feb I think, and now I have two 5 gal setups, and a 6 gal carboy that currently has a batch of Riesling in it, haha.

Anyway, I had two Mr. Beer kits that I got from my fiancee (long story, see previous posts). The second one I added Cascade hops to the boil, because I love Cascade hops, the smell and taste is great. The first bottle was kinda flat and sweet, so I shooke the rest to get everything back into suspension. Next bottle was pretty good. But now, a couple weeks later, finally have the time to have another bottle (been house hunting, just got offer accepted today, celebrating!!!). Oh my god, is it amazing! I opened it, and got a smell of the hops, and the overall scent. Poured like a champ, and tastes amazing. And this is just a slightly doctored up Mr. Beer kit. I can't wait to taste my first specialty grain batch that's in bottles now!

Not only is it great beer, but it's beer that you crafted with your own hands. And, even better, you can tailor it to your specific tastes. What could be better, really? Thank you /r/homebrewing, for all of the guidance and knowledge you've given me so far on this journey. It's only gonna get better from here!

Congrats! It's a great feeling to finally taste the fruits of your labor.

Back