I live on an Indian Burial Ground

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 574

Dirty blonde
Reaction score
The wife and I are in the bedroom watching some tv and one of my dogs walks past the sliding glass door inside. All of a sudden we hear something that sounds like a water pipe leak. I turn on the outside light and this big old boy is coiled up, rattling and hitting at the window. Pic below is after he starts moving away (had to get the camera and gun). I'm inside still :cross:.

574-rattler-2.JPG

Here's a close-up of him. Bugger was rattling for 5 minutes straight.
574-rattler-closeup.JPG

Back to the indian burial ground. I know people that have lived in my neighborhood for 25 years and most have never even seen a rattle snake in their yard. I've had 12+ in the 6 years I've lived here. Call PETA on me as I killed it. Evil Bastards aren't going to get my dogs...

desertBrew said:
I know people that have lived in my neighborhood for 25 years and most have never even seen a rattle snake in their yard. I've had 12+ in the 6 years I've lived here.

Maybe one of the neighbors has it in for you....

I'm having a nice chilled glass of Makers Mark. This was the most pissed off snake I've ever seen.

Think of how pissed he was as his head left the rest of his body. :rockin:

That's a kicka$$ part of the country you live in DB, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do....

Ize

I love snakes...goood eatin....anyways as i was groing up in southern cal. i watched my dad put a 12 gauge slug in to a 6 foot rattler that was the biggest MF i ever seen ..and i agree save the dogs eat the snakes....(I actually own a snake as a pet but Rattlers are good eating..):mug:

desertBrew said:
Pellet gun and a lot of pellets.

Pellet gun? I was expecting something bigger than that. Don't the first dozen shots just piss him off?

I'd hard a hard time living in the desert for no reason other than - MAN, I hate snakes! Every time I think about leaving the Berkshires, I have to think - anything poisonous live out there?

Good kill. :D

I killed a coral snake on Saturday. It was at my front door. SWMBO told me to let it go and she tried to scare it away by clapping her hands. When it turned around and went after her, she changed her mind. I told her Red on Yellow, kill a fellow.

I hacked off the head with a garden tool and moved it to a big rock near the driveway for our party guests to see. It made for interesting conversation.

We've got dogs too, so the poisonous snakes will lose everytime in my book.

the_bird said:
Pellet gun? I was expecting something bigger than that. Don't the first dozen shots just piss him off?
:D

Got to do head shots, but yes it does piss them off :rockin:.

I'm residential (1 acre lots) and 22's etc going off at 10:30p is frowned upon. Anyways, I have an RWS-350 German made pellet gun with scope that travels 1250 fps. Guy I work with is a gun e-wholesaler and I got it for $189. This is not the pellet gun of your childhood ;).

desertBrew said:
Got to do head shots, but yes it does piss them off :rockin:.

I'm residential (1 acre lots) and 22's etc going off at 10:30p is frowned upon. ;).

Have you tried a .22 pistol with bird shot rounds? They go pop.

EdWort said:
Have you tried a .22 pistol with bird shot rounds? They go pop.

I've heard that (not the pop) and should check into that (& get a 22 pistol :( ). That'd work much better for rattlers. Those buggers take forever to die. I like my pellet gun for those ground squirrel and pack rat vermin that dig up my yard which is why I get the snakes. They're too wary so you need the 20-30yd shot.

Latest posts

Back