I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My links aren’t working. Waylon Jennings in my humble opinion was truly one of the greatest country music musicians. And not to rank my personal favorites. Random
Johnny Cash
Willie Nelson
GerogeJones
Hank William
Hank Williams Jr
Charlie Daniels
Kenny Rogers

I saw him in concert once. It was probably within two years of his death. Poor guy was having allergy issues and we could sure tell, but I enjoyed the show anyway. The song I remember the most from that performance:

I saw him in concert once. It was probably within two years of his death. Poor guy was having allergy issues and we could sure tell, but I enjoyed the show anyway. The song I remember the most from that performance:

He was a pretty massive alky. Might have been that.

[edit] looked into it, apparently he got sober many years before he died.

Hey @Dan how is life? Miss ya!

Hi Kent!

Thank you for asking. I hope all is well for you my friend.

I’ve been working a lot. Which is something I wanted but didn’t really expect to do after retiring but actually keeps me alive and happy. Plus I live in Hawaii so unless a person is a millionaire with unlimited income...you gotta work.

How are you Kent? Truly I hope all is well and I thank you for your friendship.

Cheers
Dan

It's a mixed bag over here. I'm trying to buy a slightly used car, my wife is probably working close to 60 hour weeks on salary, and her sister just had some not insignificant surgery (but appears to be recovering as well as can be expected so far).

But we're making the best of it.

Good to hear from you, Dan!

Cheers to you and your family, Kent
I know of troubled times. You stay positive, or do your best to. All will be good

It's a mixed bag over here. I'm trying to buy a slightly used car, my wife is probably working close to 60 hour weeks on salary, and her sister just had some not insignificant surgery (but appears to be recovering as well as can be expected so far).

But we're making the best of it.

Good to hear from you, Dan!

Kent,
My papa was a doctor, a physician. Pretty successful man family wise, community wise, church he was an Elder and his profession very successful .

He’d seen and healed many people over his 40 years of practice. I pretty much put him on a pedestal of greatness.

Unfortunately he and my mom died young about 19 years ago. (Mid 60 Years old)

A few, two days before he passed away Dad said to me “Danny we take care of our family doing the best that we can and nobody can take that away.

Honestly, Kent I think what my Papa was saying is it’s not how much money a person makes, or his social standing, it’s about being a good husband a good father doing the best you can and raising a family. Through thick or thin. Love bonds all.

Seems like you are on the right path to taking care of those you love. Not always easy the financial stuff of course. But I truly believe you are on a track of love, goodness and prosperity.

Cheers my friend

Dan Dawson

Last edited:
Kent,
My papa was a doctor, a physician. Pretty successful man family wise, community wise, church he was an Elder and his profession very successful .

He’d seen and healed many people over his 40 years of practice. I pretty much put him on a pedestal of greatness.

Unfortunately he and my mom died young about 19 years ago. (Mid 60 Years old)

A few, two days before he passed away Dad said to me “Danny we take care of our family doing the best that we can and nobody can take that away.

Honestly, Kent I think what my Papa was saying is it’s not how much money a person makes, or his social standing, it’s about being a good husband a good father doing the best you can and raising a family. Through thick or thin. Love bonds all.

Seems like you are on the right path to taking care of those you love. Not always easy the financial stuff of course. But I truly believe you are on a track of love, goodness and prosperity.

Cheers my friend

Dan Dawson

I haven't posted to this forum topic but followed it for the past few years. Dan, your reply made me think of something my father told me once.

I had an opportunity to move and make a lot more money than I was making at the time. I wasn't sure if my wife wanted to move to the next state. I talked with my father about this since he moved around a lot after WW2 and he had a strained relationship with his father when he moved our family from Pennsylvania to Florida. He told me, "You have to do what is best for you and yours." Just told me that, not what to do. I ended up not moving and it ended up being the best decision.

He passed a few years ago form dementia/Alzheimer's.

Thanks for stirring my fond memories of my pop.

rwr

Maybe something wrong with my phone app but pretty sure missed no updates to load up

Now when I log into HBT. It’s like I came here for the first time. I have no history here. But I’ve been hanging out at this home for close to ten years. What happened?

Maybe something wrong with my phone app but pretty sure missed no updates to load up

Now when I log into HBT. It’s like I came here for the first time. I have no history here. But I’ve been hanging out at this home for close to ten years. What happened?

We’re still here Dan. Even if you haven’t been lolol

IMG_2464.JPG

Bottoms up to all! [emoji482]

If anybody can still find this thread without some struggle

Cheers to you and to your family and friends. It is a day to celebrate our blessings. Some known and some not realized...yet

Happy thanksgiving Day!

Cheers
Dan

And to you also Dan.

And to everyone.

Safe travels to all.

Speaking of fathers...my dad has Alzheimer's and lives in a memory care facility. We took him to dinner at my sister's tonight. Was kinda stressful, but I did get to do something I've wanted to do for a while; give my dad some of my homebrew. I brought a growler of my latest lager with me so I could have a glass with him. I really shouldn't as he was a horrible alcoholic before being placed in a home, but I know he misses the taste. He won't remember it, but he did like it a lot.

I was the "bad" kid in our family; never could do anything to make my parents really proud of me, other than having the first grandchild. I didn't do drugs, didn't get into the trouble my friends did. My only sister has a practically perfect life; married the boy next door (literally), never had to work a full-time job in her life, and has two great kids. My BIL retired a couple years ago and they are set. My husband and I live paycheck to paycheck, struggling to make a house payment and have enough $$ to do the necessary.

But for all that, I'm happy. I'm married to my best friend, have a fantastic job, a beautiful daughter and son-in-law, and I get to brew beer.

Cheers HBT family! As time moves on our lives change. Two things in my heart will never change. My love for my kids. And love for my friends on HBT
Dan

Cheers Dan!

Agree, the only thing that is consistent is change so we must embrace it.

Merry Christmas to you and your family. [emoji482]

Merry Christmas @Dan and the rest of my HBT family. This was the first year that neither of our children in town for Christmas.
It feels odd.

Ink leg,
This is three months late. Merry Christmas my brother.

I’m a few months behind. (My HBT app is broke. I used to just click on the icon go to the homesite and be back home in HBT. Not working that way now—-#firstworldproblems!

I’ve been away for awhile and would like to say Aloha! More like
A-lo-Haaa!!

Love, peace and compassion to you my brothers and sisters

Went yesterday to what we call a funeral in the mainland. Here in Hawaii it is called a celebration of life.

Maybe it’s what I’ve seen in Irish movies like wake, but not really.

To me, it was just a wonderful celebration, family, friends, Ohana, which in Hawaiian means family. And that doesn’t mean you need be blood related

I don’t think I was the only person there who got misty eyed. For me might be a different reason. I knew the person through my wife. Known her 15 years.

What got me tearing up most

One my wife’s tribute at the ceremony to her life long friend my wife Jan did a very nice, I don’t want to call it a speech. She just shared her and her friends stories. A lot of details from 40 years ago to the the few days before my wife’s friend died from ****ing cancer

I got to many tears in my eyes to keep saying more

Aloha
Dan Dawson

I was talking with my son today doesn’t sound like a big deal. But my four kids and I live in five different states. Kinda messed up

Talking to Danny today. He’s a Marine Corps Staff Staff Sergeant, recently promoted to Warrant Officer He’s going through WO schooling right now. Man! It’s amazing tough.

Next time you see any MARINE. Private or higher. Know The USA trained them extremely well. All branches do. They’re young when thy start out and trained so well

It’s amazing.

I just heard on the internet that home brewers are immune to Corona virus because we love bugs Cheers!

Ok. That’s BS, I know. The stores have been overrun in hordes. Everybody wants to learn how to wash their hands,.....mama didn’t teach us right?

President has declared nation’s emergency, ball games shut down, concerts postponed.

If this effing virus takes hold. **** it. Live your life without hoarding,

This is like a wild a movie gone nuts. Get ahold of yourself people.

If all the good Christian, and Musilims, and atheist and every other religious dominations out there believe when they die they go to heaven or Valhalla or wherever there faith takes them when they die. Then go there in peace.

The rest of us will go one living

Maybe that was a bit heavy duty

And these must be tough times because

I’m going to use a phrase I abhor

It is what it is

Last edited:
Back