I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I could find the diameter of the pots. I am thinking a tall skinny one would limit my boil off rate which I am having to deal with now

If you scroll down on the link I gave you, it has the item description.

Features:

60 Quart capacity
Heavy Duty Stainless Steel
Solid stainless steel Riveted handles
Steamer insert
Tight fitting lid

Dimensions:

Approximately 1.1mm thick
16" Height
18.5" Diameter
21.5" Diameter with Handles

Sam Adams gives me a hangover, even only a couple.
(Not unless you are talking about a "sneak up effect").

But I drink them because they are my favorite bottles.
Had some Sam on the tap for my half-century birthday dinner out tonight and it reminded me of why I liked it in the first place.
But only two 12 ouncers!

My go-to is odd, and seems to have no effect in the morning.
Don't knock until you have tried it:
CANNED Yuengling Lager poured into a traditional glass.
Not the bottle, and not Black & Tan.
Just right, not too heavy and enough flavor to enjoy.

Its not the hangovers...:eek::rolleyes:

I said I was about to go to bed. Didn't go just quite yet but after this song will do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heard this on the way to work tonight. I like the style.

[ame]http://youtu.be/aqh7TM7vhf8[/ame]

They play this on the radio a lot. I kind of like it. I'm really digging this YouTube music. Can't download MP3's anymore, but you can listen to whatever you want on YouTube.

Styx Come Sail Away

My bride took me to see them at the SC State Fair Sept of 2011.
I was blown away at how good they were.
Lawrence Gowan, the new keyboardist, is outstanding.

DeYoung tried hard to kill that band.
Good riddance!

:ban:

Up before sunrise again. My supplies get delivered today. Usually UPS runs before noon. Hubby going back to hospital for another procedure today, not going with him this time because it's so tiresome, nephew will haul him up there. Gonna try to brew around 10 gallons but limited to doing 5 gallons at once. So will have to be back-to-back. But first I have to wait for the rest of the world to wake up. :eek:

There's a ghost in my closet and he stole my other sock... maybe I'll go out to the shed and look for my poetry while I'm waiting. Or get my dog to go out into the world and start licking everyone's eyes open. He's really good at it.

Good luck with today's session, and to your hubby too. I will say it kind of sucks seeing you sign off before bed, and on in the morning, all in one shift.

Or maybe I'll just sit here and rack up some posts then crown myself queen of this thread. Was thinking about a poem I wrote when feeling really down. Couple of the lines:
It sounds easy to walk when you're going downhill,
But it's harder than you'd think when you've lost all your will.

Don't even remember what I was so depressed about when I wrote it. Couple other lines I remember:
In the mornings I can't hear the birds,
I can't read my paper because I can't see the words.

Title was courage and it ended on a positive note. Something about be brave, be strong, keep your courage otherwise you'll end up lost in this world. Not sure why I'm thinking about that poem today, maybe because hubby going back to the hospital. :(

Hurry up sun, I need your light to guide me!!!

And how about a random song:

Good luck with today's session, and to your hubby too. I will say it kind of sucks seeing you sign off before bed, and on in the morning, all in one shift.

Dang, yeah, you been at work all this time. Time must go by very slowly....

If you scroll down on the link I gave you, it has the item description.

Features:

60 Quart capacity
Heavy Duty Stainless Steel
Solid stainless steel Riveted handles
Steamer insert
Tight fitting lid

Dimensions:

Approximately 1.1mm thick
16" Height
18.5" Diameter
21.5" Diameter with Handles

Dang people on hooch should not be cruising the internet. I plumb missed that thanks

My bride took me to see them at the SC State Fair Sept of 2011.
I was blown away at how good they were.
Lawrence Gowan, the new keyboardist, is outstanding.

DeYoung tried hard to kill that band.
Good riddance!

:ban:

First concert I went to in a dome was Styx back in the day. I have been a fan ever since:)

Up before sunrise again. My supplies get delivered today. Usually UPS runs before noon. Hubby going back to hospital for another procedure today, not going with him this time because it's so tiresome, nephew will haul him up there. Gonna try to brew around 10 gallons but limited to doing 5 gallons at once. So will have to be back-to-back. But first I have to wait for the rest of the world to wake up. :eek:

There is a thread here about getting old and I think it fits me perfect. My sleep patterns kind of suck.

There is a thread here about getting old and I think it fits me perfect. My sleep patterns kind of suck.

I'll have to go read that one. In bed by 9 and up before the sun? Nap in the afternoon. I feel like I'm staying young most of the time, hell, I've been 39 for years. Once tried putting duct tape on my face to clear up some wrinkles, is that a sign?

Daylight now and drizzling rain. Supposed to rain most of the day. Not gonna stop me from brewing though. Already have one fermenter ready to go and about to free up another one.

I'll have to go read that one. In bed by 9 and up before the sun? Nap in the afternoon. I feel like I'm staying young most of the time, hell, I've been 39 for years. Once tried putting duct tape on my face to clear up some wrinkles, is that a sign?

Daylight now and drizzling rain. Supposed to rain most of the day. Not gonna stop me from brewing though. Already have one fermenter ready to go and about to free up another one.

Yup I do the nap thing as well but I wake at 2 or 3 in the morning. I really do not need to brew anytime soon since I got cases piled up about everywhere. Still if I get that 60 quart pot I could do 10 gallon batches. Can you imagine bottling a 100 bottles in one day. Whew

I brew 12 gal at a time and hate bottling. I kegged 20 gallons of two different beers about a month ago and still haven't bottled the remaining beer yet. I like having the 20 or so beers bottled for times when I let the pipeline close.

I love brewing in the rain BL. There's something about it that just seems right.

Alright, time to suck it up, don the rain gear and get outside to start cleaning my equipment. I've got cases of beer piling up now too. Gonna transfer my corn flake brew after just 4 days, fermentation was extremely active within hours of finishing it and looks to have really died down now. Like I can really mess it up, 2-row, grits, rice and corn flakes, a little bittering hops. Fermentation was active almost immediately and really died down now. Need that fermenter for some real beer. Just hoping I'll get the usual morning delivery by UPS. Package weighs 60 pounds(on truck for delivery) and trying to remember what all I bought!!!

I brew 12 gal at a time and hate bottling. I kegged 20 gallons of two different beers about a month ago and still haven't bottled the remaining beer yet. I like having the 20 or so beers bottled for times when I let the pipeline close.

I love brewing in the rain BL. There's something about it that just seems right.

I bought a freezer to turn into a keezer but my wife thought it more important to keep silly things like food in it:cross: But once I start kegging I will go to ten gallon batches I think.

I do not mind bottling the 6 gallon batches I do now but I think doubling it would just suck

Alright, time to suck it up, don the rain gear and get outside to start cleaning my equipment. I've got cases of beer piling up now too. Gonna transfer my corn flake brew after just 4 days, fermentation was extremely active within hours of finishing it and looks to have really died down now. Like I can really mess it up, 2-row, grits, rice and corn flakes, a little bittering hops. Fermentation was active almost immediately and really died down now. Need that fermenter for some real beer. Just hoping I'll get the usual morning delivery by UPS. Package weighs 60 pounds(on truck for delivery) and trying to remember what all I bought!!!

Cant wait to see how the cornflake beer turns out.

Send him an example and he might add it, you never know.

Think he dreams up all these emoticons on his own? :pipe:

Visions of coffee enemas as I slept motivated me this morning!

hurl.gif

I tasted the corn flake brew while transferring and tastes like breakfast of champions!! Actually, hard to describe, tastes like beer for the most part. Forgot I put honey in there too.

UPS finally got here to and first mash of the day going. It's going to be late tonight before I finish trying to do 2 batches back-to-back. Hopefully I won't fall asleep during a crucial point, like the boil. No time for a nap today. No rest for the weary. Still raining but just a light drizzle, enough to leave spots on my glasses.

Bobbilynn must move pretty fast if Rainex will clear her glasses. Should be no problem brewing a double batch.

Should just bead and roll right off. You don't have to be moving 60 mph. Gravity is still in effect, no? It was just a joke anyway. Sometimes I just like to argue.

Back