I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a beautiful picture LRB! It is America!

I've played this one before, and I'll probably play it again and again.

Red Skeltons "Pledge of Allegiance"

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZBTyTWOZCM[/ame]

I'm on a soap box. You can scroll down to the next thread. Please.

America is free, given to us from the greatest generation that ever lived. We easily forget the sacrifices they made for us, and the toughness it took from them all to pull the USA through two world wars. Their sacrifice was nothing we can even comprehend now. We live in comfort because of our ancestors' sacrifice and commitment.

Today, we ignore the two nuclear bombs that destroyed Hiroshima and Nagasaki and the thousands of lives killed. We have forgotten how many died on each side of the World Wars. We live in an entitled time; a time where our biggest concern is probably how big of flat screen we have, and credit card payments.

Me Too!

Where will America be if we take everything for granted? When we only feel entitled and don't want to sacrifice our lifestyle.

George S Patton, played by George C Scott in the movie, "Patton" is a hard ass SOB. If you ever get a chance to see a picture or video of the real George Patton, you'll realize GC Scott was more impressive on Technicolor.

Patton, along with many Americans gave his all. There is no way we would have the cushy life we now have, without our grandparents giving us this life. Everyday we should remember to say thank you.

http://youtu.be/uYjnWXFTQkM

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-0dTpzNzwo[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
As much as I admire men like General Patton. I admire the spirit of Americans just as much, probably more.

If you're reading this post from the comforts of an American home or workplace we're on the same playing field.

It's easy to forget this.. AMERICA IS THE GREATEST HOME EVER! AND! Always worth fighting for..

Just like our grand and great grand parents did.

Boat motors, motor boating. I'm drunk and like both. Insurance says we have to get rid of the trampoline. Wifey and I are going to decommision it tonight...go to sleep boys! Seriously, put the kids to bed and get out there on that trampoline;)

Dan, be safe with your upcoming weather.

Thanks ChefRex. We do have a couple storms heading this way. Isis, and Hugo, I think they're called. The big island is going to get the worst of it. If the first storm stays on course it will rip right through the big island, east to west and pass to the south of us. The second one is on a west-northernly journey and might miss Oahu.

They say these are the biggest storms passing through the Hawaiian islands in 100 years. Everybody is preparing for it. The stores were out of water days ago.

I've filled my 10 gallon igloo, and a rectangular 10g cooler full of water. The flashlights and lanterns all have new batteries. I have about 5 gallons of propane on hand for my SQ-14 burner (thank you homebrewing) and a butane stove with a few hours worth of fuel.

My wife filled quart bags with water and packed them in the freezer. We also have some bottled water. If the storm gets too rough, I'm going to fill the bathtubs with water in case we loose water service. I'll use it to flush the toilets.

Food? I think we have enough for a week, plus I canned quite a lot earlier this week - 12 pint jars of Red and Pinto beans. Worse comes to worst our belly's will be filled and the high winds should easily vent the methane. :D

PS.. Ischiavo, the best layed plans are often the most easily ruined. Sorry brother. :mug:

It's 12:44 PM, 8/7/2014 on Oahu.

Thought I might document this upcoming hurricane, tropical storm, from my backyard.

Right now. Pretty nice weather here. Blue sky, white puffy clouds and a nice breeze. I apologize if the photos come out sideways. I haven't yet figured how to post properly with my iPhone. You might want to turn your head. :)

Ps. I don't know what that brown streak is. It showed up a few days ago??? I also need to mow the yard.

Looks beautiful! Hope it stays that way.

Are you holding the phone with the long sides horizontal?[/QUOTE]

Nope. The long sides were vertical. I don't have a clue why this 90 degree shift happens when I post on HBT.

Read that as **** happens first... And reread as shift.. I got a good laugh.

Stay safe Mr.

And for ya'll camping, watch out for them ticks. I've been in and out of doctors and hospitals for 2 months from a tick bite. Lymes disease got me good.

I don't know how many of the guys here have to deal with balding. (short ramble) My wife was married before, actually we both were. She met a guy many years older than her and married him. I married her many years later after both her and me had gone through divorces.

Why do I mention her ex-husband and balding in the same few lines?

Her "ex" turned 70 last month. I turned 50 a couple months ago. HE has a head of hair thicker than a teenager, and it's not gone grey. I have the hair of a thinning balding man and I've been going grey for the last 15 years..

I don't get it. Why???

One of the things I do have is hair, gray hair but it's still full and I have a few years on you:p It's genetics.
Try rotating the phone next time, work wonders.

Neil Abercrombie, he's the governor of Hawaii. Truly, he looks like an aging 60's hippie. All he's missing is a short point of effort pony tail.

I think he's a Democrat. I am not going there. PP, I'm not going there.

This guy brought Hawaii out of a financial rut. He pissed off many people doing it. But I got to admit, construction in Hawaii is booming, most people work. I don't really like the taxes they place on food - It's ridiculous. California doesn't even do that.

Hawaii is a weird place. If you're a local you'll find strength of brotherhood that makes the Hells Angel's and I'll just say it cause so many are fascinated by the show... The Sons of Anarchy. (I love watching SOA, by the way) Those both have some crazy, loving brother ship.. Easily capable of both love and unyielding dedication to their way of life.

They consider themselves soldiers who protect their colors.. In my life and many Americans. Our USA flag brings on the same motivation and dedication.

really off track. I have no idea where I was going with this. I truly shouldn't hit the button to post it... But I will.....

Ohh yeah. I remember Abercrombie from when I lived on Oahu (95-03). Been living in/near Seattle for the most part since then. I only recently returned to da a'ina a few months ago when I was coming back from a deployment (do NOT get me started on "red lines") and I saw that freeway construction had gone full retard. I mean, road construction had always been Hawaii's Peculiar Institution and a cherished way of life, but holy crap. Two hours to get from Waikiki to Pearl regardless of the time of day is insane. But yeah, the islands' iron rice bowls are something that most mainlanders just can't get. I keep telling my guys that Hawaii really is a different country but they don't believe me. Probably has something to do with me trying to sell Hawaiian Dollars and that "mahalo" means "trash can".

Cheers late niters. Hope all is well. I see Dan is living the life in paradise. Jaybird checked in. The usual suspects (LRB, lschiavo, CGVT, Chef, etc) are still kicking, good. bberg!

I'm doing an uncharacteristic late-nite brew. I usually brew early (very), but I'm off kilter since I got back from San Francisco. Actually I'm doing 3 brews. I'm high tonight (caffeine all day) and I'm in the mood to produce.

Here's a late night tune to keep you in the good spot. Cheers everyone.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8a4iiOnzsc[/ame]

[edit] Dan doesn't hear lyrics well. I don't either. It seems the kids understand this stuff, but our old ears are hard and don't. Here they are brother.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun, and the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

Sheets are swaying from an old clothesline
Like a row of captured ghosts over old dead grass
Was never much, but we've made the most
Welcome home

Ships are launching from my chest
Some have names but most do not
If you find one, please let me know what piece I've lost

Peel the scars from off my back
I don't need them anymore
You can throw them out or keep them in your mason jars
I've come home

All my nightmares escape my head
Bar the door, please don't let them in
You were never supposed to leave
Now my head's splitting at the seams
And I don't know if I can

Here, beneath my lungs
I feel your thumbs
Press into my skin again

My son leaning to weld at camp (taped it through a welding mask so I was basically blind): http://youtu.be/fOV3halMYS8

That's awesome! It looks like some sort of clan meeting with all those helmets and fancy dress. I have a project for him if he can do aluminium and works cheap;)

We spent the worst weekend for roofing (and a great weekend to anything other than roofing) on my parent's roof.

I got a haircut from my mom. I only paid for a haircut once in my life and it was the worst I ever had.

I am going to shave off my beard in a few minutes. I guess. Then I'll have to shave again. That sucks but wifey will be happy.

We are headed out of town in the am for the week. Got a gas station to wire not too far from Dynachrome if he is still lurking here.

My son leaning to weld at camp (taped it through a welding mask so I was basically blind): http://youtu.be/fOV3halMYS8

Where I can't call myself a welder I can weld, no one that has come in to the shop in the twenty years I have been there can do it or has even asked to learn how to even light an Oxy-Acetylene torch,it's "here can you fix this" or they order a new item that can be fixed.
Good for your son and good for the scouts for putting it out there.

Inch worm on a hop. Nice camouflage.

1407737059306.jpg

Evening late niters. Just got back from a week of fun with the boys in San Francisco. And I'm off on another one in the early AM with the wife, some beach resort on the east side of FL. I need to work I tell her, but she needed her getaway. So, it's friday night for me.

For your late nite soundrack, Blackstreet. West side to the east side, no diggity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Everybody of the late night Homebrewtalk. Been awhile, 4 months or so, I went back to work at my seasonal job. The brewing and internet posting while having a drink or few took a little break. Im now gainfully unemployed again (I live in a small place where good or bad seasonal work and unemployment are a way of life)
So I just wanted to check back in and try and catch up on the events that happened and posts I've missed. Hope everyone is doing fantastic!

Hello Everybody of the late night Homebrewtalk. Been awhile, 4 months or so, I went back to work at my seasonal job. The brewing and internet posting while having a drink or few took a little break. Im now gainfully unemployed again (I live in a small place where good or bad seasonal work and unemployment are a way of life)
So I just wanted to check back in and try and catch up on the events that happened and posts I've missed. Hope everyone is doing fantastic!

Welcome back!

I wish I had good brewing experience at least to share in my absence, but I tried 3 batches over the summer and 3 became infected.. On a good note, they feremented and dont taste terrible so Im bottling them. On a plus, its my first infections, and the 3 batches were on the same day.

I missed this place

I wish I had good brewing experience at least to share in my absence, but I tried 3 batches over the summer and 3 became infected.. On a good note, they feremented and dont taste terrible so Im bottling them. On a plus, its my first infections, and the 3 batches were on the same day.

I missed this place

Yikes, what do you think went wrong?

Gills rob welcome back. There's no place like home.

LRB, You are the Dad!! I wish my pop would have had me learn welding. It's a skill that can serve a lifetime.

PP, glad to hear you had a great time with the kids in Cali. Now time for the grown ups! ;). Thanks for posting the words to the song. That helps and I have a new song to enjoy

The storm was awash, we'll for here in Oahu. Big Island got hit very bad. I think some areas out of power still

Jaybird. ALWAYS! :)

I'm in the process of selling off my brew gear, for more than one reason.

Aside. A guy came by today during a 2 hour break in his work day. He bought some stuff. We talked brewing and building things and brew stuff for almost the two hours. He was probably late back to work. Humph. Home brewers!! :)

Back