I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to keep posting but this view is so awesome on a phone. The Web view. I tried it before but was a little like trying to view HBT in miniature. The page looked just like it does on a laptop but everything was tiny. This view is great! Double cheers to TX and crew.

Do you think that will be sufficient over a propane burner? I also like the steam basket for multi-purposes (mostly for holding the brew bag).

I use that exact pot for my BIAB and it works great over a propane burner. I don't wish I had a basket at all but with a BIG beer you start pushing the volume limits for BIAB in this pot so if you plan to do BIAB in it and you love brewing big beers then look at getting a 15 gallon. Overall I like the pot a lot.

I use that exact pot for my BIAB and it works great over a propane burner. I don't wish I had a basket at all but with a BIG beer you start pushing the volume limits for BIAB in this pot so if you plan to do BIAB in it and you love brewing big beers then look at getting a 15 gallon. Overall I like the pot a lot.

What if you had a keggle available?

Cleaning it. A few years back. My own fault. They don't like being shook out to get the dry hops out and getting an inadvertent tap at the mouth from a toilet. - insert embarrassed icon here

Cleaning it. A few years back. My own fault. They don't like being shook out to get the dry hops out and getting an inadvertent tap at the mouth from a toilet. - insert embarrassed icon here

So you hit your mouth on the toilet while shaking a carboy and dropped it? Or someone threw the toilet that hit you in the mouth causing you to drop the carboy. Well, I don't quite get it but I would not use carboys either if I had been through something like that;)

Three day weekend starts tonight. Lots to do though. There won't be much relaxing. Moving the wife to her new studio and lots of yard work both there and at home. I haven't even planted my garden yet. The deck planters are going to have to wait until next year I think.

Breaking carboys. No bueno! Bourbon and ipa's and gose's......and wild turkey..bueno!

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

So you hit your mouth on the toilet while shaking a carboy and dropped it? Or someone threw the toilet that hit you in the mouth causing you to drop the carboy. Well, I don't quite get it but I would not use carboys either if I had been through something like that;)

I think he meant the mouth of the carboy on the toilet :drunk: but i'm not sure!

Hmmm. Now I'm confused too. I think I WAS hit in the mouth with a toilet. My mom said I had a toilet mouth when I was a teenager. Is that what she was talking about?

I think he meant the mouth of the carboy on the toilet :drunk: but i'm not sure!

Assuming makes an ass of u and ming. Wait, that is assume. I guess you're fine if you are assuming. Who gives a $hit about ming;)

Hmmm. Now I'm confused too. I think I WAS hit in the mouth with a toilet. My mom said I had a toilet mouth when I was a teenager. Is that what she was talking about?

Somewhere, I learned to keep my mouth away from toilets. I don't think anyone ever said that I should not touch my mouth to a toilet but somehow I got the message. Weird eh?

Probanbly. She must have been the one who threw the toilet.

Edit: spelling is a lot hrader when drunk haha

Edit2: dammit

Probanbly. She must have been the one who threw the toilet.

Edit: spelling is a lot hrader when drunk haha

Edit2: dammit

See, now we are getting somewhere. A few more beers and we'll have this figured out. You can have my carboy Dan. I'll write"Dan" on it, put a cork in it and drop it in lake Michigan. Free shipping that is...

It's good to know some things are settled.

I have a toilet mouth

It's hard to type drunk

Lake Michigan is an untapped postal service resource.

Edit. Oops. One more, LRB is a toilet cuddler. :)

It's good to know some things are settled.

I have a toilet mouth

It's hard to type drunk

Lake Michigan is an untapped postal service resource.

Edit. Oops. One more, LRB is a toilet cuddler. :)

Raise your hand if you've never hugged a toilet...thought so.

If my calculations of ocean currents, prevailing winds and such are correct Dan, you should have that carboy in a year maybe three or most likely never. I just hope no other Dan finds it before it hits your beach.

Very possible the carboy will head to the ocean and from there cold arctic currents will push it south until the Panama Canal pulls it in. It will ride the locks and shoot out westerly where seagulls might make a nesting on the interior. From there south easterly winds could blow it up the coast of California towards San Diego and my son , Danny, just might happen across it while surfing. Totally feasible it will be my son Dan who receives it. That's okay though , we're pretty tight. I'll give him a heads up.

Well, my nephew won the rookie league city tourney last night. Pretty cool. Now they're starting the tourney for their park only. I think it would make more sense to do it the other way around. Competition is going to get stiffer next year when he moves up to the next tier. Right now he's one of the older kids on the league. I'll have to say that watching little league is a hell of a lot more fun than watching the pros. Games go faster too. Now if we could just get beer at the concession stand :)

Just realized today was Saturday. Went so far as to get up and go to work, work for the day, then come home and watch movies with the family before the day came up in conversation and then I realized I was running a day behind. Well there goes a Saturday. :sly:

Long day on the new studio. We never asked but we are getting a lot of help from friends and family. I am really surprised with the progress after just two days.

Happy day to all the fathers out there.

Happy Fathers Day to all the dads. Hope you enjoy the day with family and friends.

Homebrew raised to all. :mug:

Sfgoat, sounds like its time for you to take a vacation. When I was still in the military I once woke up on a Saturday and thought it was a workday. Got as far as putting my uniform on before realizing non work day . That's a lot better than waking up on a weekday and having the initial thought it's a day off! I think. Haha

Sfgoat, sounds like its time for you to take a vacation. When I was still in the military I once woke up on a Saturday and thought it was a workday. Got as far as putting my uniform on before realizing non work day . That's a lot better than waking up on a weekday and having the initial thought it's a day off! I think. Haha

I do have a vacation planned for the end of July but it can't come soon enough.

Just got home from a doctor visit. I was concerned about some ugly looking moles on my face. The most gruesome of which started growing its own appendage. I forget what the doc called them, my brain pretty much stops working when I step foot into a medical office. All I remember were the words benign, non-cancerous, and we'll freeze them off over the course of time.

Over the last few years my BP has been very high but I didn't want meds. Relieved today when it was nearly normal; still room for improvement but no longer in the danger zone.

Good, I'm very glad it is not malignant! I had a couple of those, Doc froze them off in no time.
Good news on the BP!

Just got home from a doctor visit. I was concerned about some ugly looking moles on my face.

Reminds me of a joke:

Old wife looks in the mirror: "John, I'm an old, fat, ugly woman. Please, I need you to give me a compliment right now".
John: "Er... Edith, you've still got your excellent eyesight".

Anyway, for you celestial sailors, let this song billow your sails. For your late night over-the-hump soundtrack, Pink Floyd and one of my top 10 songs ever. Remember when you were young?

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j4-o0-TqPI[/ame]

I lost my best client. She basically drank herself to death. We just got a large attorney fee order (and check) that would fund her whole case. I only knew her a few months but I grew to like her despite my endless frustrations in getting her to do the simplest of tasks to help her case. I was one of a long line of people who tried to get her help. And I'm sure she lied to them too about her participating in programs. Anyway, I'm sad she gone, and I have to admit returning the money is less than great too.

passedpawn...Thanks for PF. Forgotten about this lovely melody. Sure wished I had been able to see PF perform. There are a couple good "tribute" bands out there but would have liked to see the original.

Dan..good to hear the appendage is treatable, nothing serious. Hope it stays that way. Live long and prosper my friend.

Hears to everyone good health! :mug:

Studies have shown that I ride my bike 2mph faster while listening to Daft Punk. For your late night Friday Night soundtrack, here they are with Technologic.

Have a great weekend all. I don't drink during the week, but the weekend is open season on alcohol. I'm about to grab one and get the weekend primed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Studies have shown that I ride my bike 2mph faster while listening to Daft Punk. For your late night Friday Night soundtrack, here they are with Technologic.

Have a great weekend all. I don't drink during the week, but the weekend is open season on alcohol. I'm about to grab one and get the weekend primed.

PP - Daft Punk's Alive Album (Live) is the only live album I truly enjoy. They are quite amazing... and ageless.

Back