I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am big fan of both. I have a good Pandora station that started with John Hiatt and has morphed a bit-some blues, some singer song writers, some alt-country, some Little Feat, Ry Cooder etc . If you want me to send it to you, you can PM me an email and I'll send it to you

What a sad song ChefRex. Reminds me of how bright my Grandpa's eyes would get when my Dad and I would visit him in the nursing home. We tried to go everyday and probably hit 5 out of 7 most of the time. He had to share us with his room mates, who were usually a little starved for attention, but we didn't mind. Sure do miss that guy.

I am big fan of both. I have a good Pandora station that started with John Hiatt and has morphed a bit-some blues, some singer song writers, some alt-country, some Little Feat, Ry Cooder etc . If you want me to send it to you, you can PM me an email and I'll send it to you

Thanks for the offer, but I have been crafting a station on Pandora for quite a while:mug:

What a sad song ChefRex. Reminds me of how bright my Grandpa's eyes would get when my Dad and I would visit him in the nursing home. We tried to go everyday and probably hit 5 out of 7 most of the time. He had to share us with his room mates, who were usually a little starved for attention, but we didn't mind. Sure do miss that guy.

Not meaning to be a downer, something a little happier although I haven't indulged in quite a bit.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmjnQjRvPUQ[/ame]

Second try...cooling trend...

1400295690827.jpg

Amazing how far along these guys got in just one week, from hatchlings to fluttering around the greenhouse. Can you spot the runt? ImageUploadedByHome Brew1400357774.826308.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Amazing how far along these guys got in just one week, from hatchlings to fluttering around the greenhouse. Can you spot the runt?

BB raising birds. Schweet!

Hope everyone's weekend is going great. I got up early and went to a car show with a friend, then a bike ride, then attempted to go out on same friend's boat but it wouldn't start.

So now I'm mowing the grass.

Here's a song that won't get out of my head. For your late nite soundrack, I Monster channeling Gunter Kallman Choir channeling Wallace Collection.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dam you PP. Guess what's been stuck in my head? For more than a couple of hours I might add :)

Here's one for ya. I should have posted this one in the riddles thread. Maybe our newest poster can help us with this one ;) It's close enough.

Finally took a day off today. Being physicist generally comes with a typical work schedule but we have been making some breakthroughs and gaining ground on our current project so we tend to get excited and forget about sleep and time off. But I decided that we should have this fine Sunday off with our families.

I am very into folk music of many cultures as well as learning multiple languages but one of my favorites for both are Gaelic in origin. Such a beautiful language in all three of the major dialects and I just love their music. So here is my first musical contribution to the thread.

Well just so everyone knows, Sam Adams summer ale suks IMO, like dirty sock water(don't ask me how i know what that tastes like)
The bottles are worth a buck each though.

I like how you edited my post to make it better.
I've been trying to buy flip top bottles to drink to add to my new brewing operation
but think Sam Adams is out after their summer ale stank. And their boston lager will give you a bad case of foul gas too, just sayin. :D

On the brighter side . Had some Long Trail Double Bag Ale that was awesomely hoppy tasty
but at 7.2 will KYA if you drink a bunch of them. Ask me how i know.

What up late niters! Hope all is well. Looks like the late nite crew is busy... not much activity on the forum lately. Long summer days don't leave much time to screw around on HBT, I get it.

I keep dropping odd songs in here, not sure why but I know someone will like them. I listen to music all day and some of the songs stick in my head. Tonight's offering for your late nite sountrack, Hyperstory, with a very cool video of SF just before the earthquake. I'm guessing the opening scene is Muir Woods.

Look for the white horse, and count how many people nearly get run over by the cars, novel to the era.

Just checking in guys. Some good music going on. My youngest turned 5 yesterday. I guess I am still celebrating. We walked downtown for dinner. It was a good time. Very little fighting. A bit of kicking and pinching under the table but the kids were well behaved. Work in a few hours...goodnight all.

Good morning Late Nighters.

Good song and cool vid PP. Interesting to see the activity and the way people dressed.

My late night posting seems to have turned into a quick peruse of this thread and maybe a quick comment before I go to work in the morning. Full time work has me too tired to stay up late anymore...

My late night posting seems to have turned into a quick peruse of this thread and maybe a quick comment before I go to work in the morning. Full time work has me too tired to stay up late anymore...

Agreed. TBH, I play catch up from the throne at work...

Side note... This is a rough hump day. Not enough caffeine in this building to keep me from nodding off... It's only 930!

Hi everybody!

Greetings from the land where palm trees sway and Brudda Iz.

Sorry, I didn't catch up on all the posts before replying but got to say, PP great video, thought inspiring! Thank you for keeping this thread rolling. I figure if you weren't here this thread would certainly not be the same, you brought credibility to it in the beginning and you make it better every single day. Cheers to you Pappy!

Ischiavo, sounds like a great birthday party! I think I"ve mentioned it before, but it's worth saying again. You are a great dad! Very cool and I think you are raising wonderful kids! They reflect you, you know. Well done man.

CGVT, dont worry about not posting late into the night - That idea is long gone. This is a free-for-all thread now. As the OP, I can say all I hoped for this thread was to bring people together. Still a cool thread title. : )

Being unemployed is busy work. Wife figures I have tons of time on my hands so the honey-do list is gigantic. Latest thing is she wanted a raised bed for her herb garden. She has a nice variety of herbs in pots and her green thumb plus perfect weather in Hawaii means the herbs have outgrown the pots. Therefore a raised bed. I built her something. I followed her dimension requirements, I actually made it smaller than she wanted. Now she says it looks to big and heavy! Well, it might be but its nearly done so no turning back. Ha! Not done yet but ill add a few pics at the end.

It will hold about 5 cubic feet of potting soil. I justified the overbuild by explaining soil and water are heavy, so the stand needs to be especially strong since she wants move it around the yard on wheels.

We had

Oops. I suffer from premature publication on a phone sometimes

Here's three pictures of her soon to be herb garden raised bed. Its just the cheapest Douglas fir I could find. Before the thing is completely put together, Ill seal the wood very, very well.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1400717144.989234.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1400717178.472353.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1400717216.413644.jpg

Thanks LRB!

I just got a BYO in the mail yesterday!!! :mug::mug:

Haven't had a chance to check it out yet though.

You still check out that other thread?

Thanks LRB!

I just got a BYO in the mail yesterday!!! :mug::mug:

Haven't had a chance to check it out yet though.

You still check out that other thread?

I love that thread, but haven't been there lately. Teaching two classes on top of day job, and baseball coaching and scouts....crazy. I like that the thread is active. Some good puzzles.

Looks great Dan. Fine wood shaping skills. Mine would be wobbly and slightly out of square. Nice and green there. Hot windy dusty and dry here. Temps bumping the underbelly of 100 this week. Hoping the rains come this year. Need some good gully washers just to break the deficit.

Hope all is well with you and the wife. Say Hi to Dasher for me.

Hi everyone!

It looks like you're all doing well.

Great looking planter Dan!

Work has gotten slow again. I guess I'm getting used to it at this point. Seems to be the norm this year. Just gotta tighten the belt...

I just kicked a keg of 5% ESB tonight. It was the fastest I ever killed a keg at 26 days. It was just so refreshing!

My pup is doing well. It's been 3 weeks since her surgery. She is just now starting to use the leg a little. We do therapy everyday. Since I've been slow I built her a set of stairs so she can get on and off of the bed..

Cheers friends!

IMG-20140521-01051 (2).jpg

IMG-20140520-01046.jpg

Another crazy day at work. Haven't felt this exhausted in a while. Time for a beer and bed. But I'll send it off with a Scott-Gaelic lullaby .

Hi Later Nighters! I want to make this guy into a tap handle. I have made wooden tap handles before, so I have the right size drill bits. My concern is that he is made of ceramic of some sort. I'm afraid if I drill he will crumble. And thoughts? Slow drill speed or very fast? Also, I know there is chalk board paint, but is there a such thing as white board paint? I'd like to get a piece of metal that a magnet will stick to, the size of the board he is holding, and paint it white board. That way I could use dry erase makers or use my Revvy magnetic placards. Thanks!

IMG_20140522_174037.jpg

They make dry erase paint, but I have never used it, so I can't speak to whether it is worth a **** or not. No advice on the drilling, but it is going to be a cool tap handle

LRB, you could glue a baseball card holder onto his sign and just slide in a paper label.

I wouldn't drill into ceramic. Not sure how to go forward with your idea. I think I'd carve a wood base for him, maybe with a brace up behind his legs, and use liquid nails to connect the two. Home depot sells the nut that you can hammer into the wood and then screw the whole thing onto your tap.

Dan,
Nice work on the planter.

LRB,
Never used the white board paint, but I do have personal experience with chalk board paint, which is also available at Home Depot or lowes. It works well. I'd attach the figure to a piece of wood and drill into that.

Mike

Thanks everyone! I use the baseball card holders on my wood taps (a copy of revvys handles in the diy thtead). Im going to get dry earse paint and I'll try to find a small piece of metal to paint and stick to the board. That way I get the most options. PP you are probably right about building a perch instead of drilling the ceramic.

Latest posts

Back