I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am now disassembling an old hard drive. I want the magnet out of it for a stir plate I'm building.

Thanks everyone!

I had a leftover stuffed burger, which I truly enjoyed. As much as I want a beer right now I'm not drinking or taking any meds. I don't want to weaken the effect of the novacane or whatever it is they use. I also don't want my blood running thin.

I have a feeling by this time tomorrow I'll be hitting the whiskey bottle and chocolate pudding hard! haha..

Hi everybody!

Id like to reply to many here but it woul be painful cor all involved. Thank thankyou LG for the tutorial.

Mike, hope for you a speedy recovery

As for me and trying to send many post, proba ly not going to happen untkl I can figure how to get the phonee to stop vibrating every time a key is pressed. Quite annoying.

Hope everybody has a great week! :)

Hi everybody!

Id like to reply to many here but it woul be painful cor all involved. Thank thankyou LG for the tutorial.

Mike, hope for you a speedy recovery

As for me and trying to send many post, proba ly not going to happen untkl I can figure how to get the phonee to stop vibrating every time a key is pressed. Quite annoying.

Hope everybody has a great week! :)
Oh, is that the problem

Silent Thunder said:
Go to sound settings and scroll down and un check vibrate feedback with key press.

I finally figured it out just before my last post. I think it was called haptics. I could be wrong about that but no more vibration. I guess I can live with this phone

Seems people with androids are a faithful crew. Its just new and unfamiliar to me at the moment.

On a totally different note. Have I mentioned I am very excited to move to hawaii. The water there is totally drinkable right out of the tap. If it is chlorinated I cant detect. What is the other chemical used on city water? Do campden tablets work for both?

Cheers!

Thanks everyone!

I had a leftover stuffed burger, which I truly enjoyed. As much as I want a beer right now I'm not drinking or taking any meds. I don't want to weaken the effect of the novacane or whatever it is they use. I also don't want my blood running thin.

I have a feeling by this time tomorrow I'll be hitting the whiskey bottle and chocolate pudding hard! haha..

I feel for you man, good luck, Just remember how much better your going to be feeling in a couple of days:D

I finally figured it out just before my last post. I think it was called haptics. I could be wrong about that but no more vibration. I guess I can live with this phone

Seems people with androids are a faithful crew. Its just new and unfamiliar to me at the moment.

On a totally different note. Have I mentioned I am very excited to move to hawaii. The water there is totally drinkable right out of the tap. If it is chlorinated I cant detect. What is the other chemical used on city water? Do campden tablets work for both?

Cheers!
Fluoride, not sure if campden will do anything about it.

Well. For some reason now I cant quote. Thats probably better than yesterday when the only way to reply was to quote.

LG, I forgot about fluoride but dont believe that's that what I was thinking of. Chloramines sound familiar to anyone or Is that just another name for chlorine?

LRB, happy to hear your son is doing well.

Sorry you didnt win the conical. On the bright you wont have another peice of brew gear to clean or take up space :)

Thanks for the encouragement.

How are you feeling today?
Thanks for asking Dan! I'm actually feeling pretty good. My pain went away about a week ago, and I've been off of the strong meds since then.
Now I'm just dealing with nerves, but I feel ready.
I feel for you man, good luck, Just remember how much better your going to be feeling in a couple of days:D

Thanks a lot. The thought of being pain free in the future is definitely giving me the courage that I need. I should hopefully have a pretty nice looking grill too! :cross:

Well. For some reason now I cant quote. Thats probably better than yesterday when the only way to reply was to quote.

LG, I forgot about fluoride but dont believe that's that what I was thinking of. Chloramines sound familiar to anyone or Is that just another name for chlorine?

Sorry you didnt win the conical. On the bright you wont have another peice of brew gear to clean or take up space :)
Yup, chloramine is a more stable type of chlorine. Campden takes care of them both.
Wikipedia said:
Campden tablets (potassium or sodium metabisulfite)[1] are a sulfur-based product that is used primarily in wine, cider and beer making to kill bacteria and to inhibit the growth of most wild yeast: this product is also used to eliminate both free chlorine, and the more stable form, chloramine, from water solutions...

Thanks for asking Dan! I'm actually feeling pretty good. My pain went away about a week ago, and I've been off of the strong meds since then.
Now I'm just dealing with nerves, but I feel ready.

Thanks a lot. The thought of being pain free in the future is definitely giving me the courage that I need. I should hopefully have a pretty nice looking grill too! :cross:
You mean like this?
gold-706572.jpg

Not having your teeth hurt...I wonder what that would be like?

Thanks Dan', and you're right winning would have meant building a nice big ferment chamber to do it justice, and pumps, and maybe a CIP system....winning would have broke me :mug:

You're just not holding the phone in the right place then.

You're just not holding the phone in the right place then.
TWSS :fro:

I'm drinking some red rice wine with a couple months of age on it. It's extremely good. Reminds me of drinking fruit punch koolaid a bit. The dangerous part is, you can't detect the alcohol at all.

LG

when I was younger. A lot younver tha. Now. I mDe my first with the Navy. We landed in the Phillipines. There were to drinks. One called Bullfrog. It was probably heavy on cheap vodka. Fun to drink back then. Left a flow on the floor

Met that guy a few times in high school. Really, really neat guy. Giant. When I shook his hand it completely enveloped mine.

Stauffbier said:
Thanks everyone!

Hope it all goes well for you!

LabRatBrewer said:
My son had his tonsils removed today. surgery went smooth and he's resting well. So maybe I didn't win the 15 gallon stainless conical today (congrat's to
maethorn and thanks to Brewer's Hardware), it was still a good day.

Glad to hear your son's doing well. Dr.s wanted to take my tonsils, and I wouldn't let them. After about age 23, no more trouble with them, so I guess procrastination helped in my case.

The radio in my car hasn't worked in about a year. Everything seemed to operate, but no volume at all. My friend took it out the other day to check for maybe a loose wire, but didn't find anything, but afterward, there was at least a "0" showing on the volume indicator. So today I thought to disconnect the car battery. It worked! Now I can use my radio! Except that now I can o roll down only the driver window from from the driver buttons. Haven't tried the individual window button yet.

I love this time of night on hbt! What a week. Over the past few weeks I've been laying tile thoughout my home. Laid 1200 sq ft. The real pain was the prep work. I'm on a slab and the previous owner epoxied the old vynal floor to the cement and put wood laminate on top of that.

It was a ton of fun. So I decided to leave my sons room the way it was as I relaxed that floor a year ago. Bam, once I finish the tile job a damn washer hose :hs:busts ruining the floor in his room.

Been working on that and to top it off!

Now I have three fridges filled with homebrewed kegs 13 total. I also have a deep freezer fermenting four carboys. I am keeping away from this beer to save for my Octoberfest party so I'm not drinking that. I literally have no space for beer and am using a cooler. I posted a few days ago about how my wife is a bit of a hoarder and gets on me about this hobby.....tonight I reminded her .....see I use everything. 3 fridges a deep freezer and a cooler.

I guess having 85 gallons in the pipeline isn't too bad.

Wow I have one thing to to say.

To many wonderful people on HBT especially this thread. I dont want to sound mushy but will. You guys are awesome. Period point blank. Im super happy to know you

Dan

i knew you were trying to say that all night long, but just couldn't find the words, right?

Time to buy the boy his first shotgun. I'm not a big fan of starting people off with 410's, because its so stinking hard to hit with. My boy however. Isn't the broadest fellow. Standing at 4'5" and 46lbs, I just don't think he can handle more than a .410. He's recently begun to get down on himself about his size and lack of strength. He really has nothing to worry about. I'm 6'3", my brother is 6' and his uncle is 6'1".

Which brings up my next issue. When he was born he inherited his grandfathers 20ga side by side. It's a beauty of an old shotgun. The problem is, that grandfather is my ex-wife's dad. And the shotgun is in his gun case. He's getting up there in years, and I don't think he'll be hunting past this year. Is it weird to ask him for it? I'm sure he knows it won't be for anyone else. I've got my fair share or vintage and modern firearms that far surpass it. Just something I've been pondering. How would y'all go about it?

Here's Dawson with his first solo bass. From plastic selection to tying the hook and selecting the weight, it was all him. I was actually drinking an IPA next to the pool while he was wading out casting. Caught it on a pumpin/red 5" lizard. Carolina jig.

image-3910195206.jpg

Time to buy the boy his first shotgun. I'm not a big fan of starting people off with 410's, because its so stinking hard to hit with. My boy however. Isn't the broadest fellow. Standing at 4'5" and 46lbs, I just don't think he can handle more than a .410. He's recently begun to get down on himself about his size and lack of strength. He really has nothing to worry about. I'm 6'3", my brother is 6' and his uncle is 6'1".

Which brings up my next issue. When he was born he inherited his grandfathers 20ga side by side. It's a beauty of an old shotgun. The problem is, that grandfather is my ex-wife's dad. And the shotgun is in his gun case. He's getting up there in years, and I don't think he'll be hunting past this year. Is it weird to ask him for it? I'm sure he knows it won't be for anyone else. I've got my fair share or vintage and modern firearms that far surpass it. Just something I've been pondering. How would y'all go about it?

Here's Dawson with his first solo bass. From plastic selection to tying the hook and selecting the weight, it was all him. I was actually drinking an IPA next to the pool while he was wading out casting. Caught it on a pumpin/red 5" lizard. Carolina jig.

View attachment 144590

i like the picture. How did he inherit the gun if grandfather is still alive?

Well. I guess not inherited. It's been passed down from his grandfather. His uncle learned to shoot with it and it was promised on his birth to him. So I guess not quite inherited.

Well. I guess not inherited. It's been passed down from his grandfather. His uncle learned to shoot with it and it was promised on his birth to him. So I guess not quite inherited.

My first was an Ithaca Model 37 Featherweight 20 Guage Pump. Still have it today. I would still ask if it was originally promised and relations are not crazy bad. Keeps the tradition moving forward. But, there is nothing wrong in starting a new tradition either.

That's a great first.

Here's my upland game stick.

image-3190141704.jpg

1964 Miroku O/U Ordered in 1963 (first year of production) by my grandmother as a gift for my grandfather. It's a Superior Grade, but was special ordered with minimal engraving instead of the usual fully engraved plates.

Oh and that's my India Brown Ale. It's almost bedtime.

Hi friends!

I'm back home. It only took an hour. The procedure went surprisingly well, although there is a problem with the dentures. They are mis-lined, and the dentist says they may have to re-make them. What a pain in the butt! I'm on antibiotics so no beer for about 10 days :(
My face is still very numb.
I love the onesie!

Stauffbier said:
Hi friends!

I'm back home. It only took an hour. The procedure went surprisingly well, although there is a problem with the dentures. They are mis-lined, and the dentist says they may have to re-make them. What a pain in the butt! I'm on antibiotics so no beer for about 10 days :(
I love the onesie!

Glad it went well and glad you're still numb. I bet you'll be sore when that wears off.

Hi friends!

I love the onesie!

Glad to hear that the procedure went smoothly! I hope they get the dentures sorted out by the time you need them!

Latest posts

Back