I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LRB. I need to take a trip south and get drunk with you. It's not out of the question. Were pretty close distance wise... among the stars.. It's a couple hour drive bro.

I would love a meet up. We could even invite bottlebomber, as if there was really a Ukiah, CA...I bet that's north the 710...there are places you do not go...
j/k

Introduced the youngest (21 yr) to Scotch last night and he said he liked it. Keep in mind that this was a dram of Balvenie Caribbean Cask 14 yr after dinner and not a bottle of Grants with a couple of his buddies. Trust me, it makes a difference on your first impression of Scotch.

I'm very fortunate to have overcome that early experience and live in a city where the Dundee Dell maintains the largest collection of single malt scotch in the world that you can drink from. I think I would like to spend a year making sure that the Dell's claim is fact.

I would extend an invitation to Dan, BB, or any of our HBT Scotch lovers to go have a peg or a dram or two. If we have more than that, then I usually include a trip to see where Warren Buffet lives. No, I was not the guy who was caught trespassing.

Edit: Here is the Scotch menu if anyone is interested

http://www.dundeedell.com/Dundee_Dell_Scotch_6.11.pdf

Cheers Dan! Glenlivet is good stuff! I have some Glenlivet Nadurra 16, and I think I'll pour some to toast you here in a bit!

At the moment I'm drinking an 1809 Berliner Weisse whilst grilling and enjoying my back yard on a really nice spring evening!

Cheers!

IMG-20130525-00852.jpg

Cheers Dan! Glenlivet is good stuff! I have some Glenlivet Nadurra 16, and I think I'll pour some to toast you here in a bit!

At the moment I'm drinking an 1809 Berliner Weisse whilst grilling and enjoying my back yard on a really nice spring evening!

Cheers!

To my Brother from a different mother. Mike, truly wish I could be there. Drink a few brews, talk. I hope someday we get a chance to brew together, or at least drink a few. You Stuffbier! are good, good man. Cheers to you! Brother.

To my Brother from a different mother. Mike, truly wish I could be there. Drink a few brews, talk. I hope someday we get a chance to brew together, or at least drink a few. You Stuffbier! are good, good man. Cheers to you! Brother.

Thanks Dan! You're the best advocate for friendliness that I know!

We'll get that chance to brew and drink someday my friend.

Here's to you buddy!

Cheers!

IMG-20130525-00853.jpg

I'm going to go back and read the posts I missed, but first, I need to rant. I am taking back the business I lost 70% control of 2 years ago. And, I am going to do it subtly. It could take me a year to get back 10-20% control, then another year to get back another 10-20% control, if it takes me 5 years, I am going to do this. And these guys won't even see it coming. Actually, at the most, I see it taking me 3-4 years. I'm done playing the victim, feeling sorry for myself. I am free to do whatever I want to do. And, we had a contract, the other parties did not fulfill their end of the contract so I have every right to end it. Thing is, they know that. I can just play dumb and act like I need the info for other reasons, use them in the mean time and take the business back right from under them in a couple years. An Internet business I started in 1996.

I'm going to go back and read the posts I missed, but first, I need to rant. I am taking back the business I lost 70% control of 2 years ago. And, I am going to do it subtly. It could take me a year to get back 10-20% control, then another year to get back another 10-20% control, if it takes me 5 years, I am going to do this. And these guys won't even see it coming. Actually, at the most, I see it taking me 3-4 years. I'm done playing the victim, feeling sorry for myself. I am free to do whatever I want to do. And, we had a contract, the other parties did not fulfill their end of the contract so I have every right to end it. Thing is, they know that. I can just play dumb and act like I need the info for other reasons, use them in the mean time and take the business back right from under them in a couple years. An Internet business I started in 1996.

Sis, we should talk again. On the phone. You still know my number? If you forgot. PM sent.

It's been a busy day. I'm to tired to go through it all right now. Nothing bad.

Life is like a blank piece of paper. It's yours alone to write on.

I deleted a handful of partisan political posts, which are not allowed on HBT outside of the debate forum. One reason for that rule is respect. Whatever partisan political view you hold, about half of the people here will disagree with you. In a forum dedicated to homebrewing and community, its respectful to the other members here to not shove your particular political viewpoint down the throats of others, half of whom will disagree with you.

This is especially true since we provide a place for you to talk politics (the debate forum).

Back to whatever else you were chatting about . . .

Sis, we should talk again. On the phone. You still know my number? If you forgot. PM sent.

Been a while, sorry. A zillion things to get caught up on. I think my best bet right now is to get my websites back on track. To those who don't know, all arts and crafts related, nothing zany. It's been a while, but I think I told you, Dan, about the UK guys. Promises, promises and all they did was run the business into the ground. Told me the site was a stagnant pond and they were going to turn it into a waterfall. More like a free fall!! And maybe stagnant, but the income was steady. I think my best bet right now is portable income. The websites I can run from anywhere. I can get out of the contract, because their deadline to start showing some results has passed, but I still need them, during the transition period. So I have to play nice and gradually become more assertive. For now, I asked for a couple pieces of info and made up a reason for wanting it. Well, I didn't make up the reasons, they were valid, other, reasons for needing the info. I need FTP access to the main server, which is their server. I have been going through a lame admin panel online interface to make changes to the site. HTML, baby, HTML, that's the answer. Stagnant, maybe? But a universal language that all devices can read, no apps needed. Steady as she goes. Remember the turtle won the race?

Pappers,

I do very much appreciate your moderator work. You cleanup the forum and then gently remind the group of the reason for the action and the rules. No hidden agenda and no righteous attitude. Thanks.

I'd like to echo that and thank you Pappers. I apologize for what I did and it will not happen again.

Been a while, sorry. A zillion things to get caught up on. I think my best bet right now is to get my websites back on track. To those who don't know, all arts and crafts related, nothing zany. It's been a while, but I think I told you, Dan, about the UK guys. Promises, promises and all they did was run the business into the ground. Told me the site was a stagnant pond and they were going to turn it into a waterfall. More like a free fall!! And maybe stagnant, but the income was steady. I think my best bet right now is portable income. The websites I can run from anywhere. I can get out of the contract, because their deadline to start showing some results has passed, but I still need them, during the transition period. So I have to play nice and gradually become more assertive. For now, I asked for a couple pieces of info and made up a reason for wanting it. Well, I didn't make up the reasons, they were valid, other, reasons for needing the info. I need FTP access to the main server, which is their server. I have been going through a lame admin panel online interface to make changes to the site. HTML, baby, HTML, that's the answer. Stagnant, maybe? But a universal language that all devices can read, no apps needed. Steady as she goes. Remember the turtle won the race?

My high school science teacher started a small craft type business in his basement while still teaching. He went online with it and still has a store here in town but he is long gone spending his big bucks elsewhere. Good luck getting back in control. It can be big bucks!

Finally figured out how to upload stuff to youtube. Here's an original song my band recorded back in 2007. Not my best drum track, but it's a good song and something I'm sure some of you can relate to. Enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally figured out how to upload stuff to youtube. Here's an original song my band recorded back in 2007. Not my best drum track, but it's a good song and something I'm sure some of you can relate to. Enjoy.

I clicked the link and it says this video is private.

Edit: Now the link is not showing at all

YouTube

Wow!

Wow!!

Wow!!!

I love this song!

Thank you for sharing that! Do you guys make money from your music? You certainly could. I'd like to hear more of your band's songs. Loved that song, I really did. How about some more?

I deleted a handful of partisan political posts, which are not allowed on HBT outside of the debate forum. One reason for that rule is respect. Whatever partisan political view you hold, about half of the people here will disagree with you. In a forum dedicated to homebrewing and community, its respectful to the other members here to not shove your particular political viewpoint down the throats of others, half of whom will disagree with you.

This is especially true since we provide a place for you to talk politics (the debate forum).

Back to whatever else you were chatting about . . .

Sorry, I believe Dan and I got caught up in emotions, patriotism, and little too much to drink apologies to anyone who was offended.

On the bright side, this thread has been rolling for almost 5 months now and this is the first time the mods have had to delete posts. I think we've all been on excellent behavior.

All good polite folks in here that's why. A little drunken rambling is understood here. That you all for understanding:D

For me, its like you are my older HBT siblings and its important that I pay attention to see what the mods (parents) do when y'all get "froggy".:ban:

Kinda like in real life. If you raised kids, you realize the younger ones that paid attention have learned how to avoid many of the pitfalls (read acts of stupidity) of their older siblings. I speak with some authority since I was the oldest of three.

All good polite folks in here that's why. A little drunken rambling is understood here. That you all for understanding:D

Well said Ischiavo!

In many ways, I have never met a nicer group of people. I really like it around here. You guys are great!

Ischiavo,

My daughter has a guy friend, his name is O'seal (not sure that is spelled correctly) Really nice kid, young man. For whatever reason I keep calling him Ischiavo. :D

YouTube

Excellent song! I am quite sure I was the inspiration and would expect a small percentage of the proceeds when it becomes a big hit:D

I gave up my band when my second son came along. There just wasn't time anymore. We had recording equipment and a very nice studio. We had a few cool originals but it all fell apart before we could get anything laid down. Basically, I'm jealous. Keep it up. My band experience was one of the best times in my life.

Ischiavo,

My daughter has a guy friend, his name is O'seal (not sure that is spelled correctly) Really nice kid, young man. For whatever reason I keep calling him Ischiavo. :D

If my name were O'seal, I'd rather be called lschiavo:D. I was not very creative with a user name...my handle is short for Leon Schiavo if anyone every wondered. It does have a cool connection to my Italian roots:

Ischia (Italian pronunciation: [ˈiskja]) is a volcanic island in the Tyrrhenian Sea. It lies at the northern end of the Gulf of Naples, about 30 km from the city of Naples. It is the largest of the Phlegrean Islands. Roughly trapezoidal, it measures approximately 10 km east to west and 7 km north to south and has about 34 kilometres (21 mi) of coastline and a surface area of 46.3 square kilometres (17.9 sq mi). It is almost entirely mountainous, the highest peak being Mount Epomeo at 788 m.[2] The island has a population of over 60,000 people.
Ischia is the name of the main comune of the island. The other comuni of the island are Barano d'Ischia, Casamicciola Terme, Forio, Lacco Ameno and Serrara Fontana.

If my name were O'seal, I'd rather be called lschiavo:D. I was not very creative with a user name...my handle is short for Leon Schiavo if anyone every wondered. It does have a cool connection to my Italian roots:

Ischia (Italian pronunciation: [ˈiskja]) is a volcanic island in the Tyrrhenian Sea. It lies at the northern end of the Gulf of Naples, about 30 km from the city of Naples. It is the largest of the Phlegrean Islands. Roughly trapezoidal, it measures approximately 10 km east to west and 7 km north to south and has about 34 kilometres (21 mi) of coastline and a surface area of 46.3 square kilometres (17.9 sq mi). It is almost entirely mountainous, the highest peak being Mount Epomeo at 788 m.[2] The island has a population of over 60,000 people.
Ischia is the name of the main comune of the island. The other comuni of the island are Barano d'Ischia, Casamicciola Terme, Forio, Lacco Ameno and Serrara Fontana.

Not creative? I'm not to sure about that! :rockin: I think, if ever I have another child, which is unlikely.. actually impossible without some restorative surgery (TMI) I will name, if that child is a boy.. Ischiavo, after my good friend and man I respect very much.:mug:

Not creative? I'm not to sure about that! :rockin: I think, if ever I have another child, which is unlikely.. actually impossible without some restorative surgery (TMI) I will name, if that child is a boy.. Ischiavo, after my good friend and man I respect very much.:mug:

I'm honored Dan! If I ever have another son which is still possible but very unlikely because I never get any:(...I just may name him Dan. That would screw up the whole system though because my sons all have the same initials...LJS. Maybe I could spell Dan with an "L" somehow?

It is my youngest son's Birthday party today. I am in the shop tending the smoker (drinking beer). I have four nice four pound chickens on there that I brined overnight and put on a nice rosemary rub. Almost done...

Hi friends!

I hope you're all doing well today!

I'm getting ready for another day of grilling too!

IMG_9234.jpg

Thanks guys! We're actually not together anymore. I haven't jammed in almost a year. Here's another one you might like.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if it's because the time is lunch thirty or because of those delicious looking chickens, but I'm getting hungry. I picked up some New York Strips the other day for a song. Just lit the grill.. good stuff coming.

There is a neighborhood store here, it's actually a chain, Best Buy Market. I don't load up a cart of groceries there because much of their stuff is just to expensive and can be bought for less at other places.

There are a few reasons I go there.. Nearly everyday. Customer service number one. If there are more than two people in line, they open a new register. Second reason, very convenient. Third reason: Again, very friendly customer service.

Lastly, they have their own butcher and I think because of that are able to cut their own meat and the prices are pretty dang good. Always fresh meat at great prices. The other day they had a New York Strip that must have been at least two feet long. You could buy it and cut your own. So, I'd say at least you'd get 15 1-1/2 inch steaks out of it. $32.00! Unbelievable deal. I passed on it though. If I was having party with many people wouldn't have hesitiated picking it up. Looking back, I should have just bought it and sliced up and then stored in the freezer.

Back