I just made my first cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muntzster

Reaction score
5 gallons of apple juice and 2 cups of honey i dont think i did that right we will see how it turns out.

Straight juice works, juice & fruit, juice & berries, juice & honey, juice & sugar. Cider is easy!

I use Tree Top Apple Juice. You can get two gallons for $5.99 at Costco or Sam's Club. I just pour it in a sanitized carboy and top it off with some Montrachet wine yeast and about 4 weeks later it's ready to drink. Crisp, Clear, & Dry, just like Frankfurter Apfelwein. It will finish between 5-6% abv. Add some Dextrose if you want to boost the abv.

EdWort said:
I use Tree Top Apple Juice. You can get two gallons for $5.99 at Costco or Sam's Club. I just pour it in a sanitized carboy and top it off with some Montrachet wine yeast and about 4 weeks later it's ready to drink. Crisp, Clear, & Dry, just like Frankfurter Apfelwein. It will finish between 5-6% abv. Add some Dextrose if you want to boost the abv.

haha no honey or anything?

Back