I just have to brag a little.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tylerverry

Reaction score
I've been wanting to get into kegging for quite a while, but I just couldn't justify the price. But man, did my stars align yesterday.

Via Craigslist, 2 kegs for $20 each and a 5lb CO2 tank for $5
Craigslist total: $45
Via LHBS: new O rings, gas lines, beer lines, regulator, splitter and extra shut off valve, plus a CO2 exchange.
LHBS total: With my usual 10% military discount, and the 20% promo that they very graciously doubled up, minus $60 I got from a focus group I did on... What else? Beer. $84

I got a complete 2 keg system, from scratch for $129. Boom!

Great score! Congrats! I too just scored last week as well. Got 3 corny kegs + everything pictured below for just $100!

IMG_3331.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_3328.jpg

IMG_3327.jpg

IMG_3325.jpg

There were actually 6 fermenter buckets.

Wound up with too much gear and have a fair amount of what I don't need for sale again on CL.

Glad to hear other members are finding some winning deals on good 'ol CL! :mug:

i scored a free 10 lbs co2 tank ( my gunsmith had no use for it and said take it ) cha ching saved me 100 bucks , it was filled too

I'm seriously jealous of you tylerverry, for finding a 2 keg system for a steal! I paid more than that for a 1 keg system. Good used ball lock corny kegs are getting hard to find, and here they usually cost $60 -65 at any HBS. At one HBS they told me that used corny kegs were going for $18 - 19. Then the Chinese bought all they could find - enough to fill a big container ship and shipped them to China.

I think I might win...

My boss gave me a used Beverage Air BM23 kegerator (took about $25 to repair it) with a 20lb CO2 tank. Came with an old AB keg (keggle!). Did the conversion to two cornys for $120 and the two-tap tower will cost about $100 without Perlicks.

So, itemized...

Conversion: $145
CO2 exchange: $72
Tower: $100
Free Kegerator: -$1400

Total: -$1,083

HOORAY MORE BEER STUFF!!!

Back