I have 2 questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommy24a

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Its been awhile since I have brewed AG. I have a question first on when a recipe says to add hops at 60mins? That mean if a 60 min boil you add from the beginning? Also what is "dry hopping" hops you add and do not boil? Thanks!

Its been awhile since I have brewed AG. I have a question first on when a recipe says to add hops at 60mins? That mean if a 60 min boil you add from the beginning?

Yes.

Also what is "dry hopping" hops you add and do not boil? Thanks!

Dry hops are added at some point after fermentation begins. The most traditional time would be as soon as final gravity is reached. It can be done it the primary fermenter or in a secondary vessel.

Its been awhile since I have brewed AG. I have a question first on when a recipe says to add hops at 60mins? That mean if a 60 min boil you add from the beginning? Also what is "dry hopping" hops you add and do not boil? Thanks!

Recipes normally list addition times as minutes from the end of the boil. So in a 60 minute boil, a 60 minute hop addition goes in at the start, in a 90 minute boil, it goes in 30 minutes after the start.

Back