I found out what's eating my hop plants.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StanJohnson

Reaction score
I knew something was eating my hop plants but never knew until I went out tonight with a flash light. Here's what I found. Snails. There were a bunch of them. I killed what I could find. I'll be getting some kind of pest control tomorrow. Any suggestions?

img6448g.jpg

Snails have to crawl up from the bottom so try some diatomaceous earth around the plant.

A product called Sluggo generally works pretty well. We have thousands of snails in my yard so I have to protect pretty much everything.

Copper shielding has worked well for me... If you can get some. I built a few MRI rooms and had some of the sheet copper left over... Not sure where to get it otherwise but they make copper rings for this purpose too

image-1584217406.jpg

I bought some slug and snail pellets. All I have in the fridge is home brew or craft beer. Sure don't want to waste it on snails.:)

Yeah badbrew I squished all those buggers with my fingers and haven't seen many more. Aphids of some sort right?

Back