I didn't win the lotto.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tavern of my dreams.

NO LOUD TV'S! I desperately want a place you can hold a conversation.
Small, but proud tap menu of some local stuff.
Small but strong food menu of burgers, sliders, patty melts, occasional other protein. And then good, seriously good made from scratch sides with perfect double cooked plank fries you can sink your teeth into.
(Would love to also do some occasional guest chef stuff for a Chinese or Korean night or a NC BBQ night.)

Max seating in the 20-30 range, cause not in it to retire since lotto just paid for that.

Open for lunch and early dinners.

Oh...did I mention desserts? Yep. Not ONE restaurant in this whole damn region has good dessert options. I am a sugar freak and a chocolate nerd. But damn with the flourless this and the gotdamnfancy that. I want homemade chocolate chip cookie platers, couple of home made seasonal ice creams made of CREAM, and some cake/brownie/muffin options.

And beer.

Yep, I would still brew. Three taps would be tavern rotations...something big and bitter, something big and dark, something big and belgian.

(Nope...I have never thought about this.)

Tavern of my dreams.

NO LOUD TV'S! I desperately want a place you can hold a conversation.
Small, but proud tap menu of some local stuff.
Small but strong food menu of burgers, sliders, patty melts, occasional other protein. And then good, seriously good made from scratch sides with perfect double cooked plank fries you can sink your teeth into.
(Would love to also do some occasional guest chef stuff for a Chinese or Korean night or a NC BBQ night.)

Max seating in the 20-30 range, cause not in it to retire since lotto just paid for that.

Open for lunch and early dinners.

Oh...did I mention desserts? Yep. Not ONE restaurant in this whole damn region has good dessert options. I am a sugar freak and a chocolate nerd. But damn with the flourless this and the gotdamnfancy that. I want homemade chocolate chip cookie platers, couple of home made seasonal ice creams made of CREAM, and some cake/brownie/muffin options.

And beer.

Yep, I would still brew. Three taps would be tavern rotations...something big and bitter, something big and dark, something big and belgian.

(Nope...I have never thought about this.)

You haven't thought about this one bit have you?

I'd open an awesome home brew/berry punching store.

Sounds like a nice place for all the home brewing sadomasochists out there. You should consider franchising it out.

I'd open a pit bbq/ brewpub. Including the beer garden because I'm German. And my home brew rig would be top shelf with a walk-in fridge for all that glorious beer.

Yes, but I'd do it in my RV as I traveled around checking out natural wonders and all kinds of different breweries.

Maybe after a tour of European breweries and pubs.

I don't know what you all are talking about.....I win the Nigerian lottery every other week. Come to think of it, those bastards haven't sent me my money, yet. :D

I'd design and have manufactured, the effing perfect (in my opinion), low cost but high value brewsystem. All stainless, all designed to be easily cleaned and compact for storage, complete with 100% open source hw and sw.
It would be an all electric single vessel system (but with three 'pots', BK, malt basket and a HLT for sparging) and the pots fit inside each other. BK jacketed, for simple cooling. ESP8266 controller with web interface. Simple, clean, functional and genrally awesome.
And then sell it at loss.

I don't play the games for bad math people. But if I inherited $100MM I would only homebrew!!! :D ;) :p

Personally, I would still work...I love my job (I know some of you may think I'm crazy but I love teaching and coaching) however 100 mil would buy me a very nice all stainless steel set up with a a massive freezer to ferment as many brews as I could handle and a massive kegerator to have as many home brews on tap for any occassion!

Personally, I would still work...I love my job (I know some of you may think I'm crazy but I love teaching and coaching) however 100 mil would buy me a very nice all stainless steel set up with a a massive freezer to ferment as many brews as I could handle and a massive kegerator to have as many home brews on tap for any occassion!

That's really interesting... One of those thoughts in the back of my head, were I ever to become independently wealthy, has always been to go and become a teacher with all my new "spare time".

Back