I didn't pitch the yeast until 7 days after I put the wort into the frementer (more inside)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GJOCONNELL

Reaction score
I made a 10 gallon batch of solera base (60/40 pilsner/white wheat with a little victory malt for color) and I forgot to split the starter of yeast and couldn't get to the HBS until the following week.

I pitched WLP655 starter into the first batch. I pitched a vial of WLP665 into the second frementer......the first batch kicked off quickly but the second isn't showing any activity. On the one with WLP655 temp is 74 f, WLP 665 is 74 f as well now both in SS Brewtech brew buckets. I blasted the second frementer with 30 seconds of 02.

What can I do to get this party started in the second frementer?

If I waited a week for yeast and then bought yeast i woulda waited one more day to make a starter with the vial rather than just pitch the vial. You could blend the batches or rack the 1st one to secondary to use the yeast on the second.

Well **** I was able to get the yeast I wanted today grabbed to vials of the Belgian sour mix. I checked the batch of Flanders red yeast and it had a healthy lite foam on top but not a super active fermentation. I turned down the temp to 70 the ambient right is around 50 with a low of 32 last night but the heat pad can keep it above 60.

Latest posts

Back