I did it! Graduated yesterday!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats!

Just got into a BSN program after dropping out 12 years ago. It's never too late!

Thanks!
Good luck with your studies. How much longer do you have?

2.5 years. I hope I'm motivated enough to keep going after the BS.

I honestly feel I would have failed in the the workplace as a healthcare professional as a kid out of high school. Now with some maturity, I feel confident that success awaits.

:tank:

Congrats! I am currently 68 credits in towards my BS in Information Technology/Security! It is slow goings since I am only able to take a class at a time..but I am chipping away at it.

Congratulations!!! That's really wonderful. :mug: Education is great no matter the age. Never stop learning.

Congrats!! I was a high school drop out, now I have a BS in IT. Got mine while working shift work, loved every minute of it.

Congrats, man! After getting a family off the ground and had the time (and motivation), I went back and finished an MS program after a 14-year hiatus. It can be done!! I hope you're going to celebrate with a nice, cold Coo...... er, I mean HOMEBREW! :mug:

I never thought I would do it but I graduated with a BS in Information Technology!
I'm so relieved and thankful that I can't put it into words. :mug:

Congrats to you! Continuing your education or are you done?

I am done. Well after this week I am done. My last 2 classes finish on Monday. I'm almost 57 and I need to get rolling on my new career before they put me away in a nursing home. If I were younger I probably would peruse a masters.

Now that I have completed school, what on earth am I going to do with my free time?
Oh! I can brew beer!

No way! People can brew beer at home. What will they think of next?!?!

Seriously, that was a long hard road and you stuck with it and did it. That is a huge accomplishment and you should be proud. Congratulations!

No way! People can brew beer at home. What will they think of next?!?!

Seriously, that was a long hard road and you stuck with it and did it. That is a huge accomplishment and you should be proud. Congratulations!

Well, I'm sure it is illegal to brew beer at home but that isn't going to stop me! Please don't tell anyone...

Thank you for the kind words. I appreciate it.

Well, I'm sure it is illegal to brew beer at home but that isn't going to stop me! Please don't tell anyone...

Thank you for the kind words. I appreciate it.

Your secret is safe with us! ;)

Congratulations! I dropped out of a Business program myself, was bored out of my skull (with class - the extracurriculars were great!) and figured it wasn't worth the time and money. ...Young and dumb is what I was. My wife is currently working on getting her PhD though, so I suppose you all know now who has the brains in this relationship :cross:

Now that I have completed school, what on earth am I going to do with my free time?
Oh! I can brew beer!

Not a good idea. Next thing you know you're broke but you have really great beer. I guess it's really about your priorities.

Congrats. I too, recently finished my BS in science from IU (though its not required in my field, it should be). I busted my butt in my teens/early 20s for my AS (paid out of pocket with no loans) and again for my BS. The price for a degree is out of control these days.

Back