I can get a hold of an upright fridge for 50dlls

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erick0619

Reaction score
What is a ball park estimate of building a 4 tap kegarator. I want to go with perlick taps because from what I've read they are of built very well and will last for years. I'm still a ways off from having the funds for the build but I want to get an idea of what I'm getting myself into since I do have to pitch the idea to swmbo...

--------------------------------------

Where do you place your probe?

With perlicks and depending on what other equipment you have or want, I'd say you're looking in the price range of $600 to $800.

Beverage factory has a decent deal on a 630ss w/shank combo for 56.95 you can choose either SS shank or chrome. I'd opt for SS since they're the same price. If you browse around, you might find some chrome perlicks for cheaper.

Kegconnection and AIH both have 4 keg kits for around $450 but then you'll need a CO2 tank. Check what CO2 fill options you have in your area and which is cheapest. If there's a place that will fill while you wait, pick up a new aluminum tank 5# is about $65, 10# is about $100. If there's only places that will swap, you're better off picking up a used tank from wherever you can find one.

I just ordered the 4 tap fridge kegerator conversion kit with a 5 lb. co2 tank, from keg connection, for $341.95, shipping included. It should be coming in tomorrow. I also ordered 4 3gal cornys from AIH for $156, shipping included. I believe the 5 gal kegs are the same price, but I wanted to do some bottling for aging.

Back