I-brew question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
When your on a particular recipe in I-Brew and look at the hop boil times, some of the boil times for the hops are listed at zero. What are you supposed to do with the hops at that point? For example I'm looking at Jamil's Evil Twin IPA (extract) and the boil times for the last two rounds of hops are listed at zero minutes.

Second noob question I have is....can I substitute the Munton's Light DME in this recipe in favor of a liquid at the expense of not screwing up or changing taste or color of the recipe?

TIA

When your on a particular recipe in I-Brew and look at the hop boil times, some of the boil times for the hops are listed at zero. What are you supposed to do with the hops at that point? For example I'm looking at Jamil's Evil Twin IPA (extract) and the boil times for the last two rounds of hops are listed at zero minutes.

Second noob question I have is....can I substitute the Munton's Light DME in this recipe in favor of a liquid at the expense of not screwing up or changing taste or color of the recipe?

TIA

Kill the flame, add the 0 minute hops, whirlpool, then chill

1lb DME = .8lb LME

Hope that helped

-mal

Nevermind just answered my own question. Never heard of the whirlpool technique. So can I basically just gravity feed the wort to my plate chiller slowly and stir the wort? I just ask bc the website mentioned the use of a march pump and I don't have one.

I turn off the fire, add my 0 minute hops, stir the wort, then I wait about 5 minutes before I start my chilling process (I use an immersion chiller). After chilling I stir to try to creation a whirlpool and oxygenate the wort, then drain off the wort to the fermenter and hopefully leave the hops and trub all behind.

I want to get a pump so I can do a real whirlpool.

Back