I apologize for total noob Kegerator question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brants77

Reaction score
I'm completely new to even thinking about building a kegerator, sorry if this has been gone over to death in this forum. . .

Does this kit really have every thing I would need for the conversion (minus fridge & kegs)? I'm not what I would consider "mechanical" & am looking for cheapest & easiest way.

http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=588

I'm completely new to even thinking about building a kegerator, sorry if this has been gone over to death in this forum. . .

Does this kit really have every thing I would need for the conversion (minus fridge & kegs)? I'm not what I would consider "mechanical" & am looking for cheapest & easiest way.

http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=588

Yes, but with a few caveats. You'll need to fill the CO2 tank, and a 20oz paintball tank won't carbonate and serve very many kegs. Depending on carb levels, you might not even have enough gas to carb and serve 2 kegs before you'd need a refill. You'll likely find yourself wanting a larger tank soon, and that regulator only works with small paintball tanks. Many people also find that 5' is too short for the beer lines, and end up with some foamy pour issues, so you might figure in buying some longer lines too. I'd start with about 10' per faucet.

I agree with everything JuanMoore said (I've read many of his post and his advice is always spot on)

I don't know why the kegerator kits (and kegconnection is a great place to buy from, quality products), but seems like all vendor's kits offer up 5 feet of beer line and that's not usually enough.

Cool, thanks for the advice. So it'd be worth to upgrade to their "standard" kit & choose a larger CO2 tank, & consider longer beer lines. All good to know, thanks again.

Back