I am using carbonation drops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're saying your using 500ml bottles? If so I would say you're probably fine using one and see how the carb level is. I use them for 12 oz bottles and they end up very very carbed.

If not I'm really not sure what your post means.

Okay, so what's the question? 1 per 375ml/12oz. Are you saying most of your bottles are 500ml? You could use this carbonation or as some do, just a little less.
sugar.png

very greatful for your answers.as beginner lots to learn but have group people like u help.

The bottle style in the middle is the one Cooper's gave me years ago with the older Micro Brew FV. Those 740ml bottles took two carb drops. 1 drop for 12-16oz worked fine.

it's says 1 per 375 or 2 per 750 most bottles 500 ml

I think what he means is it says to use one carb pellet for a 375mm bottle and 2 for a 750. but most people use 500 mm bottles so would one carb pellet or drop be enough.

My understanding was that you could use one or 2 carb drops for 500ml bottles, depending if you like it lower or higher carbed than the default.

If I'm wrong on that then things could get interesting in my cupboard soon...

My understanding was that you could use one or 2 carb drops for 500ml bottles, depending if you like it lower or higher carbed than the default.

If I'm wrong on that then things could get interesting in my cupboard soon...

if 1 drop is for 12 oz (0.35L), then you needed 1.4 drops (1.5 would be fine) per 0.5L bottle. Using 2 drops will give you 1.4 nominal carbonation.

I am not sure what 1 drop per 12 oz recommendation results in terms of CO2 volumes, but assuming it was, say, 2.5 volumes, you will end up with 3.5 volumes which is probably more overcarbed than you wanted.

My bottles are either 500ml, or 450ml, and I use 1 drop per bottle. I figured I'd start there to be safe, but so far they've turned out great.

Back