I always use a blow off tube never a airlock...thats ok right?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerhound28

Reaction score
Hello everyone
Is it ok that i only use a blow of tube and never use a airlock?

no signs of infection..looks good and the hydrometer sample i took tasted friggin great..thanks

yes it taste like beer...i know its a noob question ..i just ask cause i see alot of people primary with a blowoff..then once they transfer to secondary the put a airlock.. i dont have an airlock..I been studing homebrewing for some time now..but im still finicky with everything..have not developed confidence yet. Anyway thanks yall

yes it taste like beer...i know its a noob question ..i just ask cause i see alot of people primary with a blowoff..then once they transfer to secondary the put a airlock.. i dont have an airlock..I been studing homebrewing for some time now..but im still finicky with everything..have not developed confidence yet. Anyway thanks yall

There's a saying in brewing, ask 10 different homebrewers a question and you'll get 12 different answers, and they all will be right." There's usually no "right" or "Wrong" way, or "Best" way in brewing, it's all about preference, and the only best is what works best for us.

If you like your beer, then how you make it isn't really important.

I sometimes leave the blowoff in place. I only have one so if I do a new batch I have to change to an airlock. The only other reason I change is that the airlock takes up less space.

I don't even use an airlock any more. When I use carboys I just leave one of the carboy cap ports open, and with buckets I just don't snap the lid down. Less to clean and keep track of.

There's a saying in brewing, ask 10 different homebrewers a question and you'll get 12 different answers, and they all will be right." There's usually no "right" or "Wrong" way, or "Best" way in brewing, it's all about preference, and the only best is what works best for us.

If you like your beer, then how you make it isn't really important.

Ditto

A wise man once told me "ahhh... all that matters is what hits the glass" it became my mantra

Back