I admit, I love Budweiser...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Didje

Reaction score
... for their labels, or how easily they come off. :D I just put 24 bottles in my sink with warm water and a bit of dishwashing soap, and most of the labels came right off the bottles in less than 10 mins. Gotta love that. Thank you, "bud"! :mug:

Twists off supposedly (I've not personally tried) work just fine with a bench capper. not so much wing capper. This is just me repeating info from around here.

Mind you, we do not have the same bottles in Canada than you guys have in the US. And with twist-off caps and a bench capper, it all works fine.

Budweiser American Ale are pry caps (at least the 220z bombers are). Probably the 12oz too. Maybe someone can confirm.

I believe so, I don't remember if they have the embossed bud chicken on them tho, I don't use the embossed ones for my one sixer that I usually bottle for possible competitions.

Canadian twist offs are FAR thicker and heavier than the US twist offs. All I have is twist offs and don't have any issue with them, and I do use a Red Baron wing capper.
I have close to 100 swing tops that are not being used because they are more of a problem than any twist off I have ever used.

Canadian twist offs are FAR thicker and heavier than the US twist offs. All I have is twist offs and don't have any issue with them, and I do use a Red Baron wing capper.
I have close to 100 swing tops that are not being used because they are more of a problem than any twist off I have ever used.

this explains a lot. in halifax its hard to find decently priced beers in pry off bottles, so the vast majority of mine are twists. i do use a bench capper though

Twist offs don't work with my capper... never really tried, but just by looking how the cap is gripped around the rim on the top, it seems obvious to me.

Anyway, the need for bottles is a nice opportunity to get some nice craft beers from microbreweries - yes it's more expensive than bud, but what's the point to drinking crappy BMCs just for the bottles anyway? I like to rather spend a little extra to get not only the bottle but also a nice beer...

Mind you, we do not have the same bottles in Canada than you guys have in the US. And with twist-off caps and a bench capper, it all works fine.

They let Budweiser into Canada ? Seriously ? And I thought our border security sucked.

Unibroue - best brewery in the world IMHP.

How can this be, what is are your mishaps with swingtops? I've never had a problem.

The batches that I put into the swing tops have been hit and miss on carbonation, but I have never had carbonation problems with the capped twist offs. All the gaskets have been changed, and I do the same method of filling and priming sugar for both. I guess it is just my luck.

They let Budweiser into Canada ? Seriously ? And I thought our border security sucked.
Actually it is brewed in Canada by the Labatt Brewing Company.

Unibroue - best brewery in the world IMHP.
It is very good indeed. What sucks is that Unibroue was sold to Sleeman a few years ago, and then Sleeman was sold to Sapporo. So your Unibroue's are now Japanese beers.

It is very good indeed. What sucks is that Unibroue was sold to Sleeman a few years ago, and then Sleeman was sold to Sapporo. So your Unibroue's are now Japanese beers.

Well I was certainly not aware of that. However as long as they keep up the good work I could give a shiat who owns the brewery. The Japanese don't know jack about making beer, but they are good business people.

As long as they leave the brewmaster alone I'm fine with it.

Every Unibroue in the line up gives me a major beergasm. They produce some very fine beers.

Back