I added heavy cream to my wort!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How will this beer turn out?

• Move aside Sam Adams theres a new beer in town!

• Strange, not objectionable, what the heck am I drinking?

• Well its not harmful, maybe the frat house down the street wants it.

• Cheese-beer induced food poisoning

Results are only viewable after voting.
He was posting every other day or so and now nothing for quite a while. The mystery continues....

Oh man,WTF??? C'mon op,let's have it. We really need some closer to this insanity. Or maybe we need to hold a seance to find out?? I was really hoping to see how this magilla ends...:confused:

We need to figure out where he lives and start an Occupy movement. Occupy the funky toxic cheese beer!

Ya, I'm excited too see what people other then my roomates and random house guests think of it. I think it will be less bananna-y then you guys expect, I added a lot of banannas, but not as much flavor was imparted as I would have liked. I think that those proud 5% that voted that my beer will be great will be vindicated by this you tube video!

C'mon Jake! Where's the Beef?

Beef? This is totally about cow-tit milk! And nothing but cow-tit fat milk.:p Maybe i should say teat? Its about bad beer tooo,maybe.....

You have got to be fricking kidding me. I stayed up late reading this goddamn thread from start to finish like a freaking novel and he just up and dies? Can't at least the fourth roommate who thought it was nasty get online and let us know that this foul, ungodly creation killed him in the end!? I agree with the previous poster who called shenanigans........SHENANIGANS!!!

gungnir77 said:
You have got to be fricking kidding me. I stayed up late reading this goddamn thread from start to finish like a freaking novel and he just up and dies? Can't at least the fourth roommate who thought it was nasty get online and let us know that this foul, ungodly creation killed him in the end!? I agree with the previous poster who called shenanigans........SHENANIGANS!!!

I have no sympathy for you... I just finished 120 episodes of Lost. There was this though.

image-1143804859.jpg

bottlebomber said:
I have no sympathy for you... I just finished 120 episodes of Lost. There was this though.

Yeah, but at least at the end of Lost they straight up told you were a sucker for watching with that deliberate crappy ending. This dude put cream in his boil. And it killed him. And he didn't leave a will with a request in it to tell the HBTalk folks how it tasted. Did Creamy Goodness ever get his sample in the mail? Did it kill him too?

How funny that an epically useless thread brings up an epically useless tv show...........

Should Steven King's Gunslinger series be mentioned? Guess I just did.

F**K LOST.

It started off as a masterpiece of suspense in my opinion, and somewhere around the halfway point they "lost" it, hard.

Tragically, I have to reveal the truth. "thejakester" is one of about 30 pseudonyms, or their variants, used on different homebrewing-related forums by a well-known luminary in our field (his initials are "JP"). Despite his reputation as a kind and knowledgeable home-brewing expert, he actually has a very sick side to his personality, and every so often he goes onto forums and stirs up trouble like this, then watches in glee while the thread explodes and never reaches a resolution.

As one of his buddies from high school that he still keeps in touch with, I've watched him do this many times. I've seen his evil lip curl in a mixture of sadism and delight with each additional questioning post added to the unfinished thread. He is a master manipulator who feeds off people's confusion. You can bet he's reading this right now and clenching his fists in rage as his eyes pass over these very words. I expect him to de-friend me on Facebook for admitting this, and possibly I will find an intentional bottle-bomb quietly placed in the cooler at our next homebrewing picnic, but the truth must be known.

Furthermore, he is recently responsible for developing a virus that specifically attacks North American 2-row malt crops, and he intends to release it in about three -- hang on, folks, the doorbell's ringing, looks like my package is here -- wait, I didn't order anything from Amalgamated Chemical Warfare, Inc. -- let me just peek in the box and see what it is -- oh crapppppp aaaaaagggggghhhhhhhh

-- Transcribed by Google Voice-To-Text services

(just kidding -- gosh I hope the real JP doesn't read these forums -- just regular jokes, folks --)

How long before one of us takes a stab at this?

We should create a 2.5gallon recipe... If something solid is posted, maybe I'll do it. Maybe.

Wow! So, what happened?

Theory: The government, as they are ken to do, secretly has sequestered jakester and is now weaponizing his cheese-banana-beer. Pakistan will soon smell like banana split vomit.

Holy cow.

I just read through this whole thread. What a ride. For the first 2/3 of it, I admired Jake's giant balls. Then I quickly started hating him. You can't just leave us hanging, man!!

Subscribing to see how this turns out.

can anyone follow the exact steps of this in a recreation? We can assume similar results and get some resolution on this.

cheezydemon3 said:
How funny that an epically useless thread brings up an epically useless tv show...........

Should Steven King's Gunslinger series be mentioned? Guess I just did.

F**K LOST.

At least the gunslinger series was finished! Kinda, sorta, not well, ok! Crap that last book sucked!

Screw it, I'm doing this. I'm down to make a 2.5 gallon batch of this on Sunday or Monday. So far we know he used a half gallon of heavy cream that boiled for 45 min. He also had a base recipe of 7lbs light malt extract, used cascade hops and light roasted barley. Plus he mentions 8 lbs of bananas foster...did he just mean bananas? I saw he wanted to add brown sugar...maybe some cinnamon?

Anyone want to help me on this?

Back