How's this for a build?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wilceaser

Reaction score
I am currently building the perfect system that will specifically leach unwanted toxins into my beer, I am also interested extracting as much lead as I can get too.
This what I have so far.......
A Rubbermaid Cooler Mash Tun and sister Hot Liquor Tank, Aluminum Brew Kettle.
I have sourced out the cheapest possible Chinese brass connections for my brewing hardware.
For hosing I have purchased 25 ft of reinforced polycarbonate low temp hosing with the numbers 2,7.4,3,1,20, and 171 printed on it.
The brewing pump I picked up has a plastic head that is coated in a silicon resistant pre-impregnated polyunsaturated non food based shmutz.
My heating elements are High Density 6600 Gigawatt and 4 phased taped purchased from Harboring Freight. I see no need to use a contactor as they are for sissies.
The PID is rated for 10uA, and will be attached to my non waterproof control box with Blackjack chewing gum. All of this will be wired to 440volt 15amp indoor only ungrounded toggle switch.
For backup in case of a power outage I plan to have the zinc coated frame pre-piped with propane gas jet burners (from Bass Proshops complete with wire hanger mounting brackets) hooked up to a high pressure natural gas pipeline that runs through my property.

Do you think I have all my bases covered, or am I missing something? :drunk: :cross: :D

I just LOLed...... HAHAHAHA

10uA (micro amps)? I teach electronic theory in the military and that is a very very small amperage! I think the TV remote batteries would blow that sucker...

Sounds much nicer than the all grain setup I am building!

I like that quote by SweetSounds in your sig line. I always tell my students that all electrical components come with smoke inside from the manufacturer and once you let all the smoke out they are toast....

Back