Howdy from Texas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisr

Reaction score
My name is Chris and I too am a new to brewing. Jumping in with both feet I have made one beer batch IPA, bottled a couple weeks ago very tasty which aided in enthusiasm to make more, one wine batch superbowl sunday haven't tasted, one rootbeer batch Tuesday have not tasted.

Verry happy to find a forum I have lots of questions will be reading a lot before asking redundant questions if do sorry.

Welcome! I saw from the other post that you shop at DeFalco's. I hope to see you around there sometime or maybe at a Foam Rangers get together. Come on by sometime.

TL

TexLaw said:
I saw from the other post that you shop at DeFalco's.

I'm applying for the part time job they have posted on the wall. Probably go there tonight for a couple of last minute supplies so I can do my first beer brew this weekend.

I'm from Galveston moved over the causeway to LaMarque.

DeFalco's is really a cool place. I saw the event St. Arnold's is having I hope to go on Sunday MCAB X.
I have a question about the Foam Rangers Club I saw the sign in Defalcos how active does a member have to be? I will be moving to Ft. Worth in June so not much time left here I did want to pay the dues so I can be apart of this months catagory.

Members can be as active as they want to be. As for paying dues, I'll leave that up to the officers, but there's no reason not to drop by and meet some folks.

And, there are no MCAB events on Sunday. It wraps up tomorrow night. See you around!

TL

chrisr said:
DeFalco's is really a cool place. I saw the event St. Arnold's is having I hope to go on Sunday MCAB X.
I have a question about the Foam Rangers Club I saw the sign in Defalcos how active does a member have to be? I will be moving to Ft. Worth in June so not much time left here I did want to pay the dues so I can be apart of this months catagory.

Chris,

Do you know where in Fort Worth you are moving yet? I am in Fort Worth myself.

As of now we are still looking for a house and any suggestions are welcomed. Hopefully close as possible to the Gingerman!
We have narrowed down a few houses and they seem to be a little southwest of downtown. As time gets closer, I may call on your opinion of the area. If you know of any reasonable areas my email is [email protected] I think I may be getting away from what this forum was set out to be. Thanks in advance. also where is the Homebrew supply store there? The winemaker shop I think is the name?

i live right off of the I-20 and 35w the the neighborhood i live in is called Meadow Creek it is an ok area. We have Several LBHS in our area depending on how far you want to drive. The Wine Maker Shop is pretty close to me it is on I-20 and Witchata St. about 10 min away from my house. We also have a place called Formans up in grapevine about 30 min away and another called Dr. Jeckyll's in arlington also about 30 min away and just east of dallas in richardson is homebrew hq about 60 min away

Thank you sflcowboy! When I get there I will check them out. We are heading up in March to make final decisions.

Back