Howdy from Texas!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darkhorse

Reaction score
Hello HBT! I am here to begin my journey as a home brewer. I have always loved craft beer and just beer in general. Now that I am older, I finding that my palette has become more refined, and I have come to appreciate the complexities of different beers. Now I am ready to brew my own. I have worked professionally as a chemist for the past ten years, and I figured it was finally time to put my expertise into something I love.

I live in the San Antonio area and we got some great indie breweries here, Blanco, Ranger Creek, Alamo, BlueStar and free tail to name a few. My favorite kinds of beer right now are stouts, but my tastes are constantly changing, an I am always looking to taste something different.

I look forward to talking with everyone here.

Glad you made it. I'm new to HBT as well. I can understand where you are coming from with the taste in beer changing. I am a big stout fan, but am finding myself enjoying IPA's more and more now. Maybe I will be a "hop head" in the future, who knows. What brews you working on? I just opened my Irish Red a coupld eof weeks ago and am about to rack a Red Hook ESB Clone to my secondary. Next up, ginger beer and dewberry wit.

Howdy. I am planning on my first brew to be a German style kolsch, much like Saint Arnold's lawn mower. One of my favs. Shiner put out a kolsch a couple of years ago as a seasonal, haven't seen it since but it was excellent. I haven't quite caught onto IPA yet. That seems to be all the rage. Maybe I haven't had one yet that I don't find too bitter for my taste. Any suggestions?

Maybe just a pale ale to get you into the hop flavor. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is a good, common choice for the style.

Back